NAD

• Thread starter TMR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMR

Reaction score
Ok, so after a 5 hr round trip and my wallet being £240 lighter, we now have sat at home a modefour 350w head and MF 4 x 12 Cab!
The cabs a bit beat up around the edges, the head is in need of a dust off and some of the face and knobs are a bit scratched. But it plays like a dream!!
IMG_3086.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kuga

Reaction score
I think It have Celestion G12 K100. 100W each speaker. They are stock speakers on a 1960 MF400.

TMR

Reaction score
I think It have Celestion G12 K100. 100W each speaker. They are stock speakers on a 1960 MF400.
Ok, they are good I take it? Sounds good to me but I'm no pro tuned ear. Also, is there a way of finding out its year of manufacture ?

Kuga

Reaction score
They are good ones. I wish I could find one cab like this in my area.
Also, is there a way of finding out its year of manufacture ?
Do cabinet has a bar code sticker on the back?
First 4 numbers are year of manufacture. If not take a look on speakers Celestion codes.

TMR

Reaction score
They are good ones. I wish I could find one cab like this in my area.

Do cabinet has a bar code sticker on the back?
First 4 numbers are year of manufacture. If not take a look on speakers Celestion codes.
Ok thanks a job for tomorrow!

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
The MF280 cabs had the "good" 30MF speakers, great speakers. I have 8 of them that were also sold as a re-branded Avatar speaker (Hellatone 60L).

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This cab is the mf400
If you like the sound of K100's yer good to go. Great cab!!! Worthy trip indeed.

I have a truck load of speakers on hand I'd tune it with. Would be a terror of a good time, said the neighbor's. :D

I won't make this a, "you should try this speaker" thread though. Rock that shit and tells us all about it!

Congratz!

Reactions: TMR

TMR

Reaction score
If you like the sound of K100's yer good to go. Great cab!!! Worthy trip indeed.

I have a truck load of speakers on hand I'd tune it with. Would be a terror of a good time, said the neighbor's. :D

I won't make this a, "you should try this speaker" thread though. Rock that shit and tells us all about it!

Congratz!
Thanks for the comment. I will take a look and report back on what is fitted however!
Quick question, is it normal for the head to whistle when you turn it on. I can see fans running in the rear, they run for about a minute then shut off.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. I will take a look and report back on what is fitted however!
Quick question, is it normal for the head to whistle when you turn it on. I can see fans running in the rear, they run for about a minute then shut off.e fans
Does the whistling stop when the fans do? I could see fans produce whistling.

Up The Steen

Reaction score
These amps are really good and the cabs are really cool.

I'd buy the half stack just for the cab.

Reactions: TMR

Latest posts