• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New Amp Diezel VH4

• Thread starter NewReligion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
My son Alex received his Special Edition Blue Face VH4 today. I must admit that it sounds unlike anything I have played before. This model came with some tweaks and a set of EL34's as opposed to the 6L6 models I have played. This thing is sweet!

AlexVH41.jpg

AlexVH42.jpg

Marshall Mann

Reaction score
Man! I can smell that "new amp" smell from here David! Very nice!

BluesRocker

Reaction score
Nice!!! That thing looks huge too.. Isnt that the amp you have been gassing for?

cagamp1

Reaction score
Great looking/sounding amp. Your son has to be stoked.

I had heard a demo with Dietzler and Mansoor. The thing had great cleans and heavy crunch from what I heard.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd take the H&K Triamp MKII with a side of money please. Nice though man, at least now you can determine wether or not you want to fork over 4grand for one. If i had the cash i'd buy it too.

thrawn86

Reaction score
Sick looking amp. Is the face brushed or powder coated? I'm a sucker for powder coated anything. Permanently shiny is good.

mike mike

Reaction score
Sigh.... David, I hate you!!!! :) where did you guys order it from? the dealers are hard to find. i want to move back to germany!!

nedcronin

Reaction score
Is it a 4 channel amp? Wild looking for sure. I don't know much about them....how does your son like it? What do you like/dislike about it?

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the Triamp MK I, and whereas it was great, it still got traded for a Marshall and a Gibson!! :headbanger:
I have a marshall and 2 gibsons though! lol. I actualy thought about that though. I was debating trading my single rec for another marshall but, i figure, i have $1159 for the framus cobra right now. If i ever get bored with that, i can get 2 marshalls and a blow job reall easy out of it.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a 4 channel amp? Wild looking for sure. I don't know much about them....how does your son like it? What do you like/dislike about it?

Honestly I have no doslikes. No pedals needed and it is quiet with the most amazing smooth sustain I have ever played over, under and through! I will certainly be making the investment at some point. The videos do not capture the true tone. Un-Believable to my ears. And it holds up at top level volumes, it just gets tighter!

If you get the chance, check one out. Unlike most amps that get hyped, this one stands up to the test. A lot of money but it really delivers. I certainly will be buying one in time.

David

mike mike

Reaction score
Honestly I have no doslikes. No pedals needed and it is quiet with the most amazing smooth sustain I have ever played over, under and through! I will certainly be making the investment at some point. The videos do not capture the true tone. Un-Believable to my ears. And it holds up at top level volumes, it just gets tighter!

If you get the chance, check one out. Unlike most amps that get hyped, this one stands up to the test. A lot of money but it really delivers. I certainly will be buying one in time.

David

GAS!!!! i have said if i am unable to find an Invader 150, or a cheap herbert, the VH4 will be my amp if the price is right!

Joey Voltage

Reaction score
it better for 4000$.someone enlighten me as to what makes soooo pricey. no doubt they are way cool.

Mostly import costs, the amp itself isn't 4000 worth of amp, as it's build quality, and subjectively tone can be beaten for half the cost from a US company.

same thing as engl, and framus, engls/framus are pricey here because of the import costs involved, and certification, even though they are made of absolute shit, and their boards are flimsier than some of peavey's mid 90's crap.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Mostly import costs, the amp itself isn't 4000 worth of amp, as it's build quality, and subjectively tone can be beaten for half the cost from a US company.

same thing as engl, and framus, engls/framus are pricey here because of the import costs involved, and certification, even though they are made of absolute shit, and their boards are flimsier than some of peavey's mid 90's crap.

As much of that may be true, I have yet to hear anyone produce the tones coming out of channels 3 & 4 of the VH4. Sounds like a bit of Hate, Jealousy and Disrepect to me at this point. The man wanted what his ears told him was the best. He can more than afford it so he ordered what he wanted. Though I agree that just under 5G's is a lot for an amp, his tone quest has ended. I found that Peter Diezels work on this head was anything but "absolute shit".

Latest posts