• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New BOSS 200 Series pedals

• Thread starter Kutt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    boss
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
I, too, think the MIDI connection is interesting. I wonder if the cable Boss designed features a 5-pin connector on the other side (I think I read something about using an adapter for the cable, but I'm not sure what they're talking about). I'm also wondering if there's any lag/latency issues when switching.

The two pair of input and output are also an interesting feature. I noted how the overdrive/distortion/dirt pedal does not have the same two pair input and output ports.

I wonder if these pedals are going to be buffered like the some of the stompbox/floor pedals in the past.

Very interesting group of pedals that I'm definitely going to check out.

Thanks for posting/sharing.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
The MIDI connector is for a BOSS TRS/MIDI.

"The BMIDI-5-35 is a special cable with an angled 3.5 mm TRS connector on one end and a standard 5-pin male MIDI connector on the other, allowing you to connect to external MIDI-equipped devices such as pedals, effects switchers, and MIDI foot controllers. Made from rugged, high-quality materials, BOSS cables deliver performance you can count on."

https://www.boss.info/global/products/bmidi-5-35/

JohnH

Reaction score
Exciting news, provided they are built Boss-tough and also sound excellent. They seem to have everything covered....
...except for the one thing that I'd really need, being a reverb.

Gutch220

Reaction score
it's like they took families of effects pedals and put them into one unit. the is pretty low considering what you get.
Did you see the SY-300 ($700)? It sounds amazing compared to other guitar synths.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I really don't like the form factor.
I prefer the built-like-a-tank older models...