New Guitar - 1961 ES with PAF pickups

• Thread starter 1973 Major
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1973 Major

Reaction score
Just scored this amazing ES175! All original except tuners. Untouched electronics with two PAF pickups

I’m really happy with it, but I will need to get a set of period-correct tuners.

Sounds perfect through the 200w Major✌️

Attachments

• IMG_2896.jpeg
    IMG_2896.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2895.jpeg
    IMG_2895.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2780.jpeg
    IMG_2780.jpeg
    908.2 KB · Views: 46

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Grab it if you can! In my opinion, the 175 is overlooked by a lot of guys. I’ve always loved the ones I’ve had✌️

I'd love to honestly but the $3500 is a bit steep for me right now. That and I have a broken Marshall that needs repair.

I been after a 335 for years but would be rid of the GAS for that with any Gibson hollow body.

That particular 175 is very light and is fun to play. The shop in question doesn't do trade in sadly...

Maybe one day...

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Just scored this amazing ES175! All original except tuners. Untouched electronics with two PAF pickups

I’m really happy with it, but I will need to get a set of period-correct tuners.

Sounds perfect through the 200w Major✌️
It's only fair that you let each of us play it, beginning with me. PM me immediately for my delivery address.

1973 Major

Reaction score
I'd love to honestly but the $3500 is a bit steep for me right now. That and I have a broken Marshall that needs repair.

I been after a 335 for years but would be rid of the GAS for that with any Gibson hollow body.

That particular 175 is very light and is fun to play. The shop in question doesn't do trade in sadly...

Maybe one day...
One day, for sure🤞✌️

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.

Maybe one day...
$3,500 is a bit steep for anybody. There are a LOT of better things you can do with $3,500 (which, BTW, if you have to pay sales tax and shipping, puts it closer to $4,000!).

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
I agree. It's great but I can't justify it on my pay scale.

I try to trade up or into different things. There is that certain stash I have that will never be sold or traded.
$3,500 is a bit steep for anybody. There are a LOT of better things you can do with $3,500 (which, BTW, if you have to pay sales tax and shipping, puts it closer to $4,000!).

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Grab it if you can! In my opinion, the 175 is overlooked by a lot of guys. I’ve always loved the ones I’ve had✌️
The ES175's are not mentioned much at all. I did grab a (non f hole)ES135 for a very good price to get my hollowbody fix.

This could be a problem. The chime like top end of the guitar may turn the hollowbody thing into a gateway drug LOL.

So..
While not a 335 or 175, I am pretty happy to have something different. The 335 is way more expensive on the new or used market...

nevermind

Reaction score
This could be a problem. The chime like top end of the guitar may turn the hollowbody thing into a gateway drug LOL.
Bought a 2016 ES-Les Paul SPII and that started my addiction... Now on hollowbody #4, looking for #5, with no end in sight...correct size.jpg

1973 Major

Reaction score
The ES175's are not mentioned much at all. I did grab a (non f hole)ES135 for a very good price to get my hollowbody fix.

So..
While not a 335 or 175, I am pretty happy to have something different. The 335 is way more expensive on the new or used market...
Ooh, the 135 is a great axe! Hollowbody guitars is for sure the way to go in some (most😅) cases✌️

Latest posts