new Marshall stock in the USA?

• Thread starter Kyle Ashley
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Ashley

Reaction score
I've been considering adding a 1987x to my collection of Plexi amps. Mostly out of stock across all retailers at the moment. Pre-owned stuff is priced $300 - $600 above the new lower prices that Marshall dropped a couple months ago, especially when you factor in buyer covering shipping costs.

I'm aware of new CEO etc...but does anyone have some knowledge of when these amps may be back in stock in the US? My direct calls to retailers have resulted in no answers.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
That's why the prices are lower, they did the same here.
Prices were low but basically it was low because everything was preorder.
Nothing was in stock.
My suggestion, order new and wait patiently a few months.

Kyle Ashley

Reaction score
Yeah I heard back that it could be some months yet. I'm old...no time to wait. Bought a Germino. It can party with my Marshalls, Bogners, and Suhrs. Will be interesting to see what new directions the new CEO takes Marshall.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
transitions of company takeovers take time...

I've been saying this all along, that, when Yamaha bought out Ampeg, production didn't start for about 2 years. The new CEO said the same thing, but, he predicted a year or so... & he just asked for time & everyone to be patient.

It's just the way the world works...

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
I've been considering adding a 1987x to my collection of Plexi amps. Mostly out of stock across all retailers at the moment. Pre-owned stuff is priced $300 - $600 above the new lower prices that Marshall dropped a couple months ago, especially when you factor in buyer covering shipping costs.

I'm aware of new CEO etc...but does anyone have some knowledge of when these amps may be back in stock in the US? My direct calls to retailers have resulted in no answers.
I bought a new SC20H May 11th from GC and it's supposed to be here August 8th, so about 90 days. Fortunately I have my DSL100H to keep me preoccupied until it gets here.

You may get it faster if you order direct from Marshall. They say on the website they will direct ship to customers. Has anyone tried it?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
someone by me, is selling an SC20h & Ori212 for $1100...

The Ori cab is loaded w/ a V30 & a Creamback...

fnVXtbg.png

RU5eQyO.png

Zfd8pGw.png

at least I guess that's an Ori212...

guitarsmasher

Reaction score

Hi, the only thing I can say as far as amps go, I ordered mine on March 19th of this year, and Got it in may. I ordered a JCM800 2203, and I am still currently waiting on my 1960AX to ship. From speaking with Sweetwater, I was told the earlier I get in my pre-order the better, so that is what I did. Not sure my comment will help, but at least I can say they are shipping them, just very slow it seems.

TheDataGuy

Reaction score
I bought a new SC20H May 11th from GC and it's supposed to be here August 8th, so about 90 days. Fortunately I have my DSL100H to keep me preoccupied until it gets here.

You may get it faster if you order direct from Marshall. They say on the website they will direct ship to customers. Has anyone tried it?

Have you checked with guitar center in the past month to see if this is still the expected date?

I placed an order for a JVM 410H in late April and at first the expected ship date was mid July then a few weeks later in mid June when I had them check in the store their system said there were 27 on order and I was 14th in line amd the expected ship date was August 11th.

I stopped by my local GC to get picks today and had them check the status again and it has been bumped back to early October, they have 61 on order and I'm still 14th in line.

Admittedly, I wasn't expecting to get it before Christmas and bought myself an EVH 5150 Iconic to tide myself over, but the shifting timelines seem weird and arbitrary. I'm curious if this is just a thing with the JVMs or also other Marshall amps on backorder through GC.

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
Have you checked with guitar center in the past month to see if this is still the expected date?

I placed an order for a JVM 410H in late April and at first the expected ship date was mid July then a few weeks later in mid June when I had them check in the store their system said there were 27 on order and I was 14th in line amd the expected ship date was August 11th.

I stopped by my local GC to get picks today and had them check the status again and it has been bumped back to early October, they have 61 on order and I'm still 14th in line.

Admittedly, I wasn't expecting to get it before Christmas and bought myself an EVH 5150 Iconic to tide myself over, but the shifting timelines seem weird and arbitrary. I'm curious if this is just a thing with the JVMs or also other Marshall amps on backorder through GC.
Mine came in 2 weeks ago, so I guess I got lucky! Wasn't supposed to be here for another few weeks.

Good luck!

Latest posts