• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New MFer

• Thread starter RnFnR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RnFnR

Reaction score
New forum member from the midwest here, and new Marshall owner! Picked up a DSL40cr this summer after deciding after 20 years of playing through solidstate (peavey transtube studio pro 112) to finally invest in a tube amp. The whole extra time from this covid thing has caused a bit of a wakeup for myself and have had time to refocus on guitar and improving. I found myself when practicing, playing the same songs and solos to just "not forget" instead of pushing myself to learn and continue building skills. I can safely say that investing in new gear has made things exciting again, and find myself just pumped to get off work to head to the basement and blast some new riffs through a dirty Marshall.
Always wanted a Marshall and a Les Paul, but am still working on the latter, those new Standards are sweet. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks, this forum helped me out a ton when amp hunting and I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted sound wise and just had to narrow down what I could afford and would be the most practical. Looked at the JVM205s and the new SC20s but couldn't justify the cost for those guys, although damn I was close to pulling the trigger! I'm not a gigging musician, so the combo suits me just fine. Hoping that'll change but can't imagine playing out right now, hope this covid mess clears up and live music can thrive again! I play a lot of those 80s rock bands, GNR, XYZ, Motley, and a lot of the RHCP catalogue. Been on a big 80s kick recently, those dudes were so good! Long live Rock 'n f'n Roll!
Cheers MFers!
Kevin

Latest posts