• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New (OLD) Cab day for my O20 Head

• Thread starter J.LaGrassa
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
I have a Avatar G412 Slant cab I bought in 2003 and my son had it for many years at least 15 years, today he gave it back to me. It definitely had signs of being 20 years old so I cleaned it up best I could, the speakers that came with the cab are a pair of UK Celestion V30 (on top row) and a pair of Eminence Legend V12 (Bottom Row). When I plugged into it I had to change my EQ settings quite a bit I was using a Greenback in a 1x12 cab I definitely had to get my ears use to the different tone. After a while of playing the cab I started to like what I was hearing I think this cab will cut in a band mix nicely. What amazes me is I paid $389 shipped for the cab and speakers!

I'm thinking of trying the speakers in a X pattern is it worth trying, maybe 1 Emi V12 on top with a V30 will add some bottom end in the upper part of the cab... I guess only one way to find out!

index.php

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Tried using the speakers in a X pattern but did not care for them like that, put the speakers back to how I had it V30s on top and V12's on the bottom. Slowly getting use to these speakers but time will tell if I keep them in there. I bet a quad of Greenbacks would sound awesome!
I thought if I ever got a 4x12 I like the idea of splitting it into a left and a right 2x12, Mojotone makes a jack plate for this, put V30s on the left and V12s on the right and plug into either side or both at the same time.