New Soldano Astro-20

• Thread starter prg435
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prg435

Reaction score
Anybody see the new Soldano Astro-20 amp released? Pretty interesting feature set to say the least. I'm a dedicated Marshall fan, but have to admit this is impressive at least on paper.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Yah, all of yhe youtube " influencers" are demoing it today.
We'll hear the results tomorrow.
Interested since I like the slo30

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
I started to watch review after review this morning over coffee. I like Mike and the new company putting out a new product, but don't like the tone of the amp. Too flubby and loose for me. I don't see it as a modern rock amp, but more a bluesy Soldano for classic rock, blues and pop amp.

Last edited:

Karl Brake

Reaction score
This thread languished since the Astro's coming party, when I picked a new unit at a sweet discount. I used to have an slo 100, and currently have a modded slo30 (separated clean and crunch, removed some compression), as well as several Marshalls, a Diezel Paul, Mezzabarba Trinity, an Engl, Orange, etc. Been bonded with JVM Satriani and a Friedman 4x12 for years, but I am playing and gigging the Astro a ton. It projects like a Soldano, and will fill a club and eat a drummer just fine. The clean is warm and clear, and the OD channels can be set for great variety. It has a richer, thicker crunch and high gain tone that just sings and articulates like crazy. Maybe it's the 6V6 power section, maybe the circuit, but it has clarity and warm texture different from other Soldanos, and, hey, I love Soldano. I'm in love with the amp. You can access presets via the stock 4 button for a clean, crunch, heavy crunch and wild crunch, and create tons of variation playing with gain levels and the galaxy modes and recall them all with a bigger midi board. None that squish and thinness than can happen with 20 watt el84 amps. Great line out and recording capabilities. You really ought to try one. It's my new go-to, truly a New Soldano. It's FFFat.

Karl Brake

Reaction score
I started to watch review after review this morning over coffee. I like Mike and the new company putting out a new product, but don't like the tone of the amp. Too flubby and loose for me. I don't see it as a modern rock amp, but more a bluesy Soldano for classic rock, blues and pop amp.

The looseness is exaggerated by the revording vehicle, maybe the IR. In live space, get that master up over 1 and it gets tight real fast. Big and tight, with great pure highs. TRY ONE! I picked one before I got polluted by YT demos.

Latest posts