New Speaker Cab Day

• Thread starter rando
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rando

Reaction score
NAD. Not quite, new speaker cab day. Is there an acronym for that?
I have played with Celestion V30s and T75s for many years, but I wanted to get a 65w Creamback Cab. I found a German import from Thomman (Harley Benton) which seemed not expensive at under $300 shipped. What I was interested in was a more 'Rumble' from a 1x12. This particular construction looks like a small Bass cab. I liked its sound with an EVH 5153 with a lower gain setting on the Blue channel, even at bedroom levels. There is something about this combination I haven't found before. It caught my attention from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUJlrv406k but I had to wait several months for it to arrive from Germany. I don't like it for all things, but I seem to like it alot for low volume so far. Not sure if it is the Creamback itself or the extra 'Rumble' from the cab itself. I really enjoy the chat at this forum. Thanks for listening.

New Cab.jpg

rando

Reaction score
HNCD! (happy new cab day)
Fitz
how do I graduate from 'New Member' after almost a decade on the forum? Do I have to post 9000 messages like you over the last few years?:)

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz
how do I graduate from 'New Member' after almost a decade on the forum? Do I have to post 9000 messages like you over the last few years?:)
LOL. more posts - not sure how many get you to just "member", or "well-known", but it's less than 9k....
And if you give them $ for being a "supporting" member, you get to make up your own status.

TheKman76

Reaction score
I have a Creamback 75 in a big ported cab which adds lots of low end. It's definitely a combination of the two, the cab design depends heavily on the speaker Q and resonance. I do think these drivers benefit from the larger volume of a big cab though.

Latest posts