• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New Studio Day.

• Thread starter Georgiatec
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I bought a seaside property with the intention of having a nice holiday come retirement home. The property came complete with a 30 x 20 ft. (approx) detached garage. Perfect for a home studio build. Two years later I'm now retired and the studio is complete.
A lot has happened during the two years, Covid-19 for starters, not only that, but my wife was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer literally a couple of months after we bought the property. The last two years have been a roller coaster ride of good and bad news, treatment, surgery, remission and recently relapse. All in all, to say the least, my head isn't in a good place but, stiff upper lip and all that crap and get on with it.
So I thought I'd share a few pics with you guys....it's the one thing I've got to keep my pecker up.
full

full

full

full

I'm very old school so the Tascam 32 track recorder not only seemed to be very cost effective for what I wanted, but also seemed to offer traditional type recording without all that DAW, Cube Base faff.
My original plan was to offer a rehearsal and recording space for local talent to utilise as well as my own projects....Covid has put the lid on that for now though.
The control room is about 2.5 metres square next to a workshop 2.5 x 4 metres for gear repairs and set ups. Performance area is 7.1 x 5.2 metres with a quad glazed window into the control room plus 12 way XLR multicore. Whole building has been sound-proofed...which works remarkably well....it's basically a big isolation box build within the garage after first insulating the outside walls and roof.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I bought a seaside property with the intention of having a nice holiday come retirement home. The property came complete with a 30 x 20 ft. (approx) detached garage. Perfect for a home studio build. Two years later I'm now retired and the studio is complete.
A lot has happened during the two years, Covid-19 for starters, not only that, but my wife was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer literally a couple of months after we bought the property. The last two years have been a roller coaster ride of good and bad news, treatment, surgery, remission and recently relapse. All in all, to say the least, my head isn't in a good place but, stiff upper lip and all that crap and get on with it.
So I thought I'd share a few pics with you guys....it's the one thing I've got to keep my pecker up.
full

full

full

full

I'm very old school so the Tascam 32 track recorder not only seemed to be very cost effective for what I wanted, but also seemed to offer traditional type recording without all that DAW, Cube Base faff.
My original plan was to offer a rehearsal and recording space for local talent to utilise as well as my own projects....Covid has put the lid on that for now though.
The control room is about 2.5 metres square next to a workshop 2.5 x 4 metres for gear repairs and set ups. Performance area is 7.1 x 5.2 metres with a quad glazed window into the control room plus 12 way XLR multicore. Whole building has been sound-proofed...which works remarkably well....it's basically a big isolation box build within the garage after first insulating the outside walls and roof.
Feels good to have your own space doesn't it. :yesway:

Adieu

Reaction score
What are the lonely squares of... insulation? Nailed over windows? Or decor?

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the lonely squares of... insulation? Nailed over windows? Or decor?

@JeffMcLeod posted a link to the stuff. Basically triangle profiled foam that reduces the "liveness" of the room. I started with a 4 tile square on every other wall panel. I've since gone to one on every panel and it's now about right....maybe just add bass traps in the corners to make sure there's no boominess.

Last edited:

Adieu

Reaction score
@JeffMcLeod posted a link to the stuff. Basically triangle profiled foam that reduces the "liveness" of the room. I started with a 4 tile square on every other wall panel. I've since gone to one on every panel and it's now about right....maybe just add bass traps in the corners to make sure there's no

Wait, you're saying ONE of those on a wall will somehow change the overall picture???