Newbie help required.

• Thread starter TMR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMR

Reaction score
Hi
Just taken delivery of my sons dsl40cr, sounds great. However the classic gain clean/crunch does not seem to work (no lights) and neither do the Reverb classic/ultra knobs. Is it faulty from the box or are we missing something?? Any advice appreciated. 😬

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Hi
Just taken delivery of my sons dsl40cr, sounds great. However the classic gain clean/crunch does not seem to work (no lights) and neither do the Reverb classic/ultra knobs. Is it faulty from the box or are we missing something?? Any advice appreciated. 😬
Yikes! Sounds like you might have gotten a lemon. Could you describe in a bit more detail what exactly is going on? You said it sounds great, so it seems some functions are working. What exactly do you mean by stating the classic gain/crunch is not working? Do you mean it does not change between the two modes? As for the reverb, do you mean you hear no reverb effect from either one? Also, do you have the foot switch? The more details you offer us, the better we can help. It's a great amp, but you might have gotten a faulty one. Are you able to return it if you need to?

TMR

Reaction score
Hi
Yikes! Sounds like you might have gotten a lemon. Could you describe in a bit more detail what exactly is going on? You said it sounds great, so it seems some functions are working. What exactly do you mean by stating the classic gain/crunch is not working? Do you mean it does not change between the two modes? As for the reverb, do you mean you hear no reverb effect from either one? Also, do you have the foot switch? The more details you offer us, the better we can help. It's a great amp, but you might have gotten a faulty one. Are you able to return it if you need to?
thanks for the reply. I have arranged with the shop that they will collect and drop off a new replacement at the same time.
Hopefully the new one will operate as it should do!

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Hi

thanks for the reply. I have arranged with the shop that they will collect and drop off a new replacement at the same time.
Cool! Hopefully problem solved.

BTW :welcome:

welcome9.jpg

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Are you switching from the front panel.
That is the only way to select all the 4 channel modes (without the 6-Button footswitch).
Also the Reverb on a DSL40CR is so weak you might not notice it engaged.

Reactions: TMR

Rodical

Reaction score
Sounds like good customer service...

ForDaFingaz

Reaction score
Hi
The reverb is very, very subtle on these amps. You should hear a little reverb if you really crank up the volume/gain. It's pretty much useless, imo.

Clean channel - are you using a footswitch? If so, maybe disconnect it, and see if you can switch between channels? If I remember correctly, and that's a big IF - I think if you have your gain channel activated via the footswitch you can't switch to the clean channel via the amp buttons.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Hi

Perfect! Fingers crossed...

TMR

Reaction score
The reverb is very, very subtle on these amps. You should hear a little reverb if you really crank up the volume/gain. It's pretty much useless, imo.

Clean channel - are you using a footswitch? If so, maybe disconnect it, and see if you can switch between channels? If I remember correctly, and that's a big IF - I think if you have your gain channel activated via the footswitch you can't switch to the clean channel via the amp buttons.
When the replacement arrives I'll be sure to check this out!

Latest posts