(NGD) Bought a used Reverend guitar and love it. Anyone else have one?

• Thread starter Marshall Stack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
I picked this up on Friday and am really impressed with it. I had been looking for a used US made Peavey Wolfgang Special like I had back in the late 90s but they are over $1200 and probably in need of refetting.

For just over half that price I found a 2021 Reverend Reeves Gabrels Signature guitar. It plays great and the Hammer Tone pickups are hot yet articulate. They are made in Korea but have quality parts and setup in the US.

Most of my guitars are single coil except for my 50s Les Paul. It is nice to have a rocker.

Compress_20240701_152247_7956.jpg

Pokey

Reaction score
I had the Bob Balch signature guitar. I let my friend borrow it and he said "Oh your not getting this back, just tell me how much you want for it" lol It's so versatile. I will for sure be getting another one, I just need to downsize.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Congrats!
I've been tempted by them. Used to kind of know Joe Naylor and I like that they started in Detroit. I don't think they build any in the USA anymore (not positive though).
This is currently on the local CL.

00B0B_4YSUPuJtmY4_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
Congrats!
I've been tempted by them. Used to kind of know Joe Naylor and I like that they started in Detroit. I don't think they build any in the USA anymore (not positive though).
This is currently on the local CL.

00B0B_4YSUPuJtmY4_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
I read that starting in 2006 the guitars have been made in Korea and then checked and setup in Ohio.

The one I bought is $1300 new but I was able to get it about half that price on Reverb. It is in excellent condition.

I happened to see a youtube video on it and thought it sounded great so that if what made decide to get one.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I read that starting in 2006 the guitars have been made in Korea and then checked and setup in Ohio.

The one I bought is $1300 new but I was able to get it about half that price on Reverb. It is in excellent condition.

I happened to see a youtube video on it and thought it sounded great so that if what made decide to get one.
The one I posted is very reasonable too. Seems like a rarer color as well. I'm not really in the market right now though.
Reverend also has a signature Ron Asheton model that looks cool. Three P90s.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they're great instruments . A bass player buddy of mine had an endorsement for a minute
My only problem is, that it's really hard to get me off of the classic designs we grew up on .