NGD eBay steal

• Thread starter mrjones2004x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
So I was on eBay yesterday looking at local guitars. And this came up with very few bids. Snagged it for £30.03!
Collected it this morning and spend a couple hours polishing the frets , little bit of oil on the board, tightened all the hardware, shimmed the neck angle, and a general clean. Restrung with acoustic strings 11-52 gauge I think. (Packaging was thrown a while ago. It had electric 9s on it before lol.

Fender stratacoustic from 2003. It’s missing it’s soundhole sticker but otherwise 9/10 condition.
Ok it sounds pretty shite I’ll be honest but it plays nice and is comfy for the sofa for a noodle. Plugged in sounds ok through my Harley Benton 5 watt tube amp. Don’t have an acoustic amp so was just for testing purposes.

And the pictures as always…

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
my browser (Opera) has an extension that, if you highlight a foreign currency, it auto translates it...

right now, I'm showing $39.40...
figures lol. i gotta always go on the damn hunt and never can find the conversion.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
So I was on eBay yesterday looking at local guitars. And this came up with very few bids. Snagged it for £30.03!
Collected it this morning and spend a couple hours polishing the frets , little bit of oil on the board, tightened all the hardware, shimmed the neck angle, and a general clean. Restrung with acoustic strings 11-52 gauge I think. (Packaging was thrown a while ago. It had electric 9s on it before lol.

Fender stratacoustic from 2003. It’s missing it’s soundhole sticker but otherwise 9/10 condition.
Ok it sounds pretty shite I’ll be honest but it plays nice and is comfy for the sofa for a noodle. Plugged in sounds ok through my Harley Benton 5 watt tube amp. Don’t have an acoustic amp so was just for testing purposes.

And the pictures as always…

Shes a beaut and congrats, nothing like new gear!!!!

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Congrats!

Pretty cool for a sofa noodler, a buddy had one and it indeed sounds like shit. I have no idea why they thought it was necessary to make those but for the price I wouldn't pass it up either!

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
Tried acoustic strings on it and it sounded shite (to be expected) and was a bit stiff to play even tho nice so switched to electric 10-46 strings just now (another set of used but only few weeks old) and it plays like and electric now with minimal buzz and still the shite sound but prefer it like this.
Made it a more friendly noodler and sounds practically the same.
No point trying to make it sound acoustically good 😂
I took it to work to show my mate who dabbles in guitar and he said it sounded really good 🤷🏻‍♂️ He is a drummer firstly so probably tone deaf 😂

Latest posts