NGD, I Finally Got My First Tele

• Thread starter painted_klown
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

painted_klown

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm excited to report that I finally have my first Tele. It's been a bit of a trial getting it, but I finally received it today, and I think she's a keeper. :)

This saga begins a bit over two weeks ago now. I had been wanting a Tele for a while, but had just never got around to picking one up. With Fender's latest price increases across the board, I was getting worried that finding one for less than $800 would become an impossible task sooner, rather than later.

This prompted me to start doing some looking around. While seeking out opinions on the diamond anniversary guitars vs the player series, I discovered a great price from an online vendor. I decided to pull the trigger.

When my package arrived, I eagerly tore it open, and this was in the box:
Strat.JPG

Uh oh, they had sent me the wrong guitar. My heart sank. I then called them up, and after being required to take pictures to prove I had received the wrong guitar (I found this to be poor customer service), I was finally told that when I sent back the Strat, then they would send my Tele. All of this back and forth took a few days to get everything sorted.

After all that, I finally received a shipping notification for my replacement. That replacement finally came today, and I can put the saga to rest.

Tele.JPG

It's a 2001 MIM Fender Player Series Tele. Nothing fancy, just your bog standard Tele, but I am admittedly excited to finally have it in my hands. I also really like the color a lot. I know everyone says that pictures don't do it justice, but I feel the color looks better in person. It kinda has just the slightest tint of green that really sets it off IMO.

Sadly, my broken finger is still bad enough that I can't really play, although I did try. I managed to squeak out a few power chords, but I didn't get to really test it, if that makes sense. I also like to take any guitar I get, cut the strings off, and kinda "dial it in", but that's nearly impossible right now (or at least difficult enough, that I'll just wait until my hand isn't giving me so much greif). :erk:

I did, however, get some Schaller strap locks installed, and married it to a brown leather strap.

Here's another picture, with its sibling, my 2001 MIM Standard Fat Strat.
Tele with Strat.JPG
Needless to say, I can't wait until my finger heals, and I can put it through its paces, as they say. Thanks for reading, and I hope you all have a great day!

Last edited:

painted_klown

Reaction score
^^^Oh no! That looks brutal, and in front of a crowd at that.^^^

The thing is, Keef is such a badace dude that he could be wheeled onto the stage, get up and fall down 20 times, and STILL be cooler than I am! :dude:

It's funny, because I am too young to have lived through the heyday of the Stones, and yet I still feel the thrill of the moment when seeing some of their live clips on YouTube.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm excited to report that I finally have my first Tele. It's been a bit of a trial getting it, but I finally received it today, and I think she's a keeper. :)

This saga begins a bit over two weeks ago now. I had been wanting a Tele for a while, but had just never got around to picking one up. With Fender's latest price increases across the board, I was getting worried that finding one for less than $800 would become an impossible task sooner, rather than later.

This prompted me to start doing some looking around. While seeking out opinions on the diamond anniversary guitars vs the player series, I discovered a great price from an online vendor. I decided to pull the trigger.

When my package arrived, I eagerly tore it open, and this was in the box:
View attachment 93132

Uh oh, they had sent me the wrong guitar. My heart sank. I then called them up, and after being required to take pictures to prove I had received the wrong guitar (I found this to be poor customer service), I was finally told that when I sent back the Strat, then they would send my Tele. All of this back and forth took a few days to get everything sorted.

After all that, I finally received a shipping notification for my replacement. That replacement finally came today, and I can put the saga to rest.

View attachment 93133

It's a 2001 MIM Fender Player Series Tele. Nothing fancy, just your bog standard Tele, but I am admittedly excited to finally have it in my hands. I also really like the color a lot. I know everyone says that pictures don't do it justice, but I feel the color looks better in person. It kinda has just the slightest tint of green that really sets it off IMO.

Sadly, my broken finger is still bad enough that I can't really play, although I did try. I managed to squeak out a few power chords, but I didn't get to really test it, if that makes sense. I also like to take any guitar I get, cut the strings off, and kinda "dial it in", but that's nearly impossible right now (or at least difficult enough, that I'll just wait until my hand isn't giving me so much greif). :erk:

I did, however, get some Schaller strap locks installed, and married it to a brown leather strap.

Here's another picture, with its sibling, my 2001 MIM Standard Fat Strat.
View attachment 93134
Needless to say, I can't wait until my finger heals, and I can put it through its paces, as they say. Thanks for reading, and I hope you all have a great day!
Happy NGS! Glad you got it sorted and hope you heal quickly so you can RAWK again! I know how hand injuries can be a bummer.

Nice color too, btw.

painted_klown

Reaction score
Thank you for all of the kind words.

I am genuinely looking forward to really spending some good playing time with her. How I've waited so long to finally get a Tele is beyond me, but waiting so long has given me time to truly appreciate them, and what they bring to the table. I am sure to have some fun exploring all the possibilities. :)

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
strat-jpg.93132

tele-jpg.93133

Those are nice Fenders. You should have just kept them both. :yesway:

Latest posts