NNGD

• Thread starter purpleplexi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Went to buy the PRS DGT SE. Came away without it. It was a nice guitar but it certainly wasn't any nicer than my #1 LP if as nice. While I was there I tried the US made version. It was also a nice guitar - a little better in every way but not light years ahead. For 4 times the price of the SE I expected a revelation from above which it wasn't.
I tried a few other SEs too - the Grissom was the best no doubt but it wasn't nice enough for me to get my wallet out. Perhaps I'm not a PRS person. Actually I never thought I was until recently. I guess it was just a phase I was going through.

Jubilant

Reaction score
I’m in total agreement with you.I’ve played the cheap ones and the most expensive prs guitars.Wouldn’t trade my Fender or Gibson for the best prs has to offer.Why stray from the two companies that started it all.The original designs are always the best .

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Went to buy the PRS DGT SE. Came away without it. It was a nice guitar but it certainly wasn't any nicer than my #1 LP if as nice. While I was there I tried the US made version. It was also a nice guitar - a little better in every way but not light years ahead. For 4 times the price of the SE I expected a revelation from above which it wasn't.
I tried a few other SEs too - the Grissom was the best no doubt but it wasn't nice enough for me to get my wallet out. Perhaps I'm not a PRS person. Actually I never thought I was until recently. I guess it was just a phase I was going through.
Had the same experience. Gibson and Fender got it right the first (or subsequent) time. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 👍🏽

mark123

Reaction score
I worked in a music store in mid 1990s and had one come in. I was in shipping/receiving so I got to see everything that came in first. Looked amazing and played like butter. Then I plugged it in. It sounded horrible and each position on the 5 way dial sounded worse than the last. It made everything sound muddy and murky. I’ve tried PRS multiple times since and just can’t work with the tone, I guess.

Crikey

Reaction score
I picked up 2nd hand SE with matching headstock and Dimarzio in neck pick up for $700. Its a nice guitar gor gigging and the humbucker and strat sounds are versatile.

Latest posts