NPD ... Incoming!

• Thread starter Trelwheen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey MFers

Couple of years ago I bought a Bogner Burnley (v1) distortion pedal to use when I'm out and about and I don't/can't have one of my amps with me. I like it pretty well, but distortion pedals really aren't my thing. When I decided to try out a few clean boosts I bought a Bogner Harlow (v1), and although it's pretty nice it doesn't blow my hair back like my all-time favorite Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso.

So, out of curiosity and in the hopes of finding the "perfect" signal mangler I lurked on Reverb til a Wessex v1 w/bubinga wood top popped up. I made an offer which was accepted and it's on its way!

My favorite amp for recording, and actually for just about everything, is my '78 JMP 2203, and I can get excellent tons from it all the way from clean to over-the-top "screaming bloody murder" by just cranking the gain and master, and throwing a boost or light OD in front.

Can't wait to hear those pronounced musical harmonics inherent in the pedal series, in an OD format!

Bogner Wessex Overdrive Studio Edition w/ Rupert Neve Transformer Bubinga Exotic Wood Custom Shop https://reverb.com/item/81171016?ut...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=81171016

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool man. Its great to check out a pedal I've never heard of and off the beaten path. Well my path anyways. Look forward to hearing about it!

Im jealous you still have hair that gets blown back or any direction. 😲

Congrats bruther!

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Hey MFers

Couple of years ago I bought a Bogner Burnley (v1) distortion pedal to use when I'm out and about and I don't/can't have one of my amps with me. I like it pretty well, but distortion pedals really aren't my thing. When I decided to try out a few clean boosts I bought a Bogner Harlow (v1), and although it's pretty nice it doesn't blow my hair back like my all-time favorite Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso.

So, out of curiosity and in the hopes of finding the "perfect" signal mangler I lurked on Reverb til a Wessex v1 w/bubinga wood top popped up. I made an offer which was accepted and it's on its way!

My favorite amp for recording, and actually for just about everything, is my '78 JMP 2203, and I can get excellent tons from it all the way from clean to over-the-top "screaming bloody murder" by just cranking the gain and master, and throwing a boost or light OD in front.

Can't wait to hear those pronounced musical harmonics inherent in the pedal series, in an OD format!

Bogner Wessex Overdrive Studio Edition w/ Rupert Neve Transformer Bubinga Exotic Wood Custom Shop https://reverb.com/item/81171016?ut...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=81171016
I have never heard of that pedal but the interesting part is Ruperte Neve Transformer. Again I have never seen a pedal with a Transformer.
That should be interesting.

NumbSkull

Reaction score
Excellent pedal.
I have both the Bogner Wessex Overdrive Pedal V2
and the Bogner LA Grange.
The Wessex is more refined, goes well with compression and sensible amp settings.

The LA Grange is a monster, huge globs of gain and big crunchy teeth,
hard to control but makes you run and its exciting.

Both great pedals, I have been using the LA Grange tonight, the Wessex last week.