Ol' Marshalls Never Die . . .

• Thread starter JTM 100 Mk V
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JTM 100 Mk V

Reaction score
They Keep Sounding Better n Better.

GOOD DAY! All, Pleximaster sent me. Actually, been lurking for a bit, just getting around to posting and a hot soldering iron.

I've been playing 67-71 50 & 100 watters with origional cabs and speakers ever since I plugged in. I like the NMV wide open roll your GTR volume down thing. I don't need any pedals but I'll take the JIMI Trio any day.

My current #1 is a 68 SuperBass and has been literally a love affair for a long time. She has developed humm and an overtone. So I'll post about that on the big board.

Its got beautiful tone that is so shimmering and inspiring. I usually like gained up tones, but the cleans are so intoxicating, it makes me only use what I need. Great sustain and bloom with an angelic top end. The bottom growls with a nice bounce and control. S&P Basketweave stack and another pair of Ampeg V4s with the old Celestions to boot. All origional with only a few minor parts replaced.

Look forward to getting her back up to volume and maybe tracking down some resto parts, that would be great. See you in the wild !

20161201_215708.jpg

20170414_032445.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sustainium

Reaction score
:slash: Welcome aboard! That strat looks to have survived a war.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Welcome!

Hum and overtone? Yeah...time for caps. Heck, they're 52 years old and don't owe anybody anything. It's awesome that they lasted this long.