Open Jmp-1 Chassis

• Thread starter gbirocco
  • Start date
  • Tags
    jmp-1
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gbirocco

Reaction score
The volume pot of my old JMP-1 is very scratchy and noisy so I would like to spray some switch cleaner into it. I tried to open the chassis. I have unscrew the 3 rear screws but nothing happened; I also have unscrew the six little screws on the golden edge (top & bottom) but nothing happened: it seems glued.
How to open the JMP-1 chassis? Can you help me?

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
The volume pot of my old JMP-1 is very scratchy and noisy so I would like to spray some switch cleaner into it. I tried to open the chassis. I have unscrew the 3 rear screws but nothing happened; I also have unscrew the six little screws on the golden edge (top & bottom) but nothing happened: it seems glued.
How to open the JMP-1 chassis? Can you help me?

Found this...

"There are 3 phillips screws in the back and on on the top that must be removed. Then you have to remove 3 allen head screws from the rack mount ears (6 screws total) before it will come loose."

gjohnson

Reaction score
While its open check for battery corrosion. Mine was leaking and almost destroyed the unit.

gbirocco

Reaction score
I opened the chassis and I sprayed some cleaner: now the pot is silent, no more scratch!.
The battery still looks good: It works fine since 1993!. Unfortunately it could not be replaced directly.
Thank you for all guys!