• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Origin 20 combo: DI out safe with no speaker connected?

asd123asd234sdrf

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a Marshall Origin 20c (first Marshall!), and I'm testing out the DI out into my USB interface. Works great, but I still get output from the speaker. Is it safe to disconnect the speaker out when I have the DI out connected? I assume so, but I don't wanna chance it unless I know for sure. I know having no load connected when powered on is a big no-no. But I don't know if the DI out compensates.

Thanks!

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a Marshall Origin 20c (first Marshall!), and I'm testing out the DI out into my USB interface. Works great, but I still get output from the speaker. Is it safe to disconnect the speaker out when I have the DI out connected? I assume so, but I don't wanna chance it unless I know for sure. I know having no load connected when powered on is a big no-no. But I don't know if the DI out compensates.

Thanks!
Yes, you can run the Origin20 without a speaker load.
(from manual, pg 2)
upload_2021-12-8_23-52-44.png

ITburst

Reaction score
Yes, you can run the Origin20 without a speaker load.
(from manual, pg 2)
So I know this is old but I just want to confirm, I can run the head without the cab plugged in to use my DI out? This is safe? And I wonder why it’s not in the silly little “leaflet” of an instruction sheet that came with my amp.

Where did you get the instruction manual you showed?