Origin 5, anyone added a reverb tank, please?

• Thread starter Sollophonic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sollophonic

Reaction score
I've got an Origin 5 that I have shoehorned a 10" speaker into and also use it through a 12" speaker cabinet.

I have got hold of an old Park amp which has a spring reverb tank and I was going to see if I could fit it into the Origin 5 to give it a bit of reverb.

It's an old passive one, and while the Park amp sounds like a cheapish SS amp, the spring reverbs in this sounds pretty lush. It has two small co-ax plugs on each of the wires.

Has anyone put a spring reverb into an Origin 5? Could I simply run it into the FX loop? If not does anyone have a wiring diagram or a suggestion for where I could wire this reverb in, please? Or is it something that wouldn't be worth doing?

I still have this phenomenon that the FX Loop even when nothing plugged in, brightens the sound when the footswitch is engaged, wondering if this small boost would be good or bad for a reverb. I'd still need to work out a way of controlling the reverb level.

Cheers

blue

Reaction score
The levels would need to be boosted both into and out of the reverb tank, and then you would have a 100% wet reverb in your loop, with no control to blend in dry signal.

If you want a real spring reverb, there are a few on the market, notably Anasounds Element which connects to reverb tanks like yours and provides EQ and mix controls. Of course this isn't the easy and affordable fix you were hoping for! maybe someone else will know a way to use the tank you have without spending a small fortune

PelliX

Reaction score
In essence, you could indeed use it in the loop, though you would need to add a couple of op-amps to get the signal to the applicable levels. Then add a pot blend between the reverb and dry signals (presumably just adding or subtracting signal through the reverb - like most amps do with the reverb knob. This is what @blue outlined, more or less.