PC Not Detecting My Marshall Code 25

CHIMICHIMI

Reaction score
Update: I solved the issue, turns out I wasn't using a data transfer cable but instead a simple charging cable and hadn't realized until someone in the comments pointed it out.

Hi so I'm new to electric guitars and recently bought a Marshall Code 25 which I'm really liking so far and today I decided to connect it to a PC to mess around with recording and what not.

However, when I connect the amp to a PC using a USB cable, nothing happens; I dont hear the USB device plugged-in sound, nothing in device manager, or the DAW itself (Reaper).

I did install the Asio4All driver. So I have no idea if I'm using the wrong cable maybe? Or if the USB port is just faulty. Help would be much appreciated.

Things I've tried:

- Restarting the amp/reconnecting the cable on both ends
- Using two different USB cables
- Connecting to two different PCs

Last edited:

OriginOfTheSpecies

Reaction score
Are you familiar with Device Manager at all?
You might be able to see if your PC detects the Code at all.
A quick google tells me some people have had success installong the firmware updating software and updating the Code.

CHIMICHIMI

Reaction score
Are you familiar with Device Manager at all?
You might be able to see if your PC detects the Code at all.
A quick google tells me some people have had success installong the firmware updating software and updating the Code.
Yes I definitely believe I would be able to tell if it was connected but unfortunately both PCs I plugged into didn't show anything; neither in device manager nor in the notification area.

Also, the amp is currently using the latest officially available firmware v1.44 but would I even be able to update it if its not being detected by the PCs? Thanks for the quick response.

Edit: Will try using the firmware update software to see if it works

Last edited:

CHIMICHIMI

Reaction score
Sadly, trying to use the firmware update software did not work either so i'm guessing its a faulty USB port.

CHIMICHIMI

Reaction score
Sadly, trying to use the firmware update software did not work either so i'm guessing its a faulty USB port.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see, will try finding a different cable then, thanks!
I read your post earlier today and just got a chance to hook into my Code25 from my laptop with a USB cable.
I don't use any sort of connection to a DAW, but I could run the pc code editor program and update patches on both the amp and the gateway app on a BT connected tablet simultaneously.
The USB cable I use is an Amazon Basics 2.0 data transfer cable.
It wasn't expensive or anything fancy, but it's also not just a charger cable.

CHIMICHIMI

Reaction score
So as it turns out; I was definitely using the wrong cables and once I plugged the amp in using an actual data transfer cable, the amp was instantly detected.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Latest posts