pedal comparison (need some input to help make a decision)

• Thread starter GibsonMarshallGuy47
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
ok, so I have a tiny bit of space left on my pedal board (its medium sized, about 18 inches x 12 inches), so I have been looking for a micro sized multi-modulation pedal. its really all I have room for... I typically don't use modulation too often, but I wanted one to have just in case I ever needed those types of effects for whatever reason. I am torn between either a Flamma Mod, a Mooer Mod Factory, or a Sonicake 5th Dimension. they all have a similar array of 10-11 different effects like - chorus, flanger, phaser, tremelo, vibrato, etc... I checked out some online reviews, and some video demos, and they all seem pretty cool. does anyone have any experience with them? I just really want to get some input to help me make my decision. thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RCM 800

Reaction score
sorry Im no help but interesting topic. Please follow up with what you end up doing.

GustHFS

Reaction score
ok, so I have a tiny bit of space left on my pedal board (its medium sized, about 18 inches x 12 inches), so I have been looking for a micro sized multi-modulation pedal. its really all of I have room for... I typically don't use modulation too often, but I wanted one to have just in case I ever needed those types of effects for whatever reason. I am torn between either a Flamma Mod, a Mooer Mod Factory, or a Sonicake 5th Dimension. they all have a similar array of 10-11 different effects like - chorus, flanger, phaser, tremelo, vibrato, etc... I checked out some online reviews, and some video demos, and they all seem pretty cool. does anyone have any experience with them? I just really want to get some input to help me make my decision. thanks in advance.
I don't know if my opinion will be of help, but one pedal that I have that I think has a nice sound and a good range and variety of modulations is the Nux Mod Core. It's a mid-size pedal, not necessarily mini, but smaller than a Boss pedal, and it's not expensive, on the contrary, for the features it offers.

Gust

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I don't know if my opinion will be of help, but one pedal that I have that I think has a nice sound and a good range and variety of modulations is the Nux Mod Core. It's a mid-size pedal, not necessarily mini, but smaller than a Boss pedal, and it's not expensive, on the contrary, for the features it offers.

Gust
I really appreciate your input. this seems like a great, affordable multi-effects modulation pedal. unfortunately, I really can't go any bigger than a micro sized pedal, for what I'm looking for. if I had more space, this one would be great.

GustHFS

Reaction score
I really appreciate your input. this seems like a great, affordable multi-effects modulation pedal. unfortunately, I really can't go any bigger than a micro sized pedal, for what I'm looking for. if I had more space, this one would be great.
I think that for the price of the pedals you cited, from the little I've seen here in videos (all very nice by the way) any of them should serve you very well.

Gust

Last edited:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be interested in seeing how this works out for you, I’ve only recently have thought about multi-modulation pedals.

I currently have 3 different pedals for, delay, chorus, and phaser. Being a big Gilmour fan, I sometimes use more than one effect at a time.

I do have a question if you don’t mind,…

Do you, or anyone, know if these multi-modulation pedals allow for using more than one effect at a time?

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you, or anyone, know if these multi-modulation pedals allow for using more than one effect at a time?

GFI Synesthesia allows for two effects at the same time. Had one, but sold it. Didn't like single TRS input.

s-l1600.jpg

TC Electronics Plethora X3 allows 3 simultaneously. Have it, still use it.

x3.jpg

TC Electronics Plethora X5 allows 5 simultaneously. Don't need one with 5. Though many love it.

x5.jpg

I also use the Boss MD-200, but it's only 1 effect at a time.

md-200.jpg

None of these are small like the OP is asking about. I don't know of a small one that has more than 1 effect simultaneously. But I'm not the aware of everything out there.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I’d be interested in seeing how this works out for you, I’ve only recently have thought about multi-modulation pedals.

I currently have 3 different pedals for, delay, chorus, and phaser. Being a big Gilmour fan, I sometimes use more than one effect at a time.

I'm pretty sure none of them allow more than one effect at a time. I truly don't know how that would ever be possible, unless the multi-effect modulation pedal was a much larger, much more elaborate one with programmable digital presets... definitely not something that would be possible with a tiny micro sized pedal... for me personally though, I can't think of any instance when I would ever need to use more than one modulation effect at a time. I also have a separate micro sized pedal for delay & reverb (Sonicake Sonic Ambience) which can actually do delay & reverb at the same time.

EDIT: there you go - exactly like what TXOldRedRocker mentioned above.

Last edited:

GustHFS

Reaction score

I can only speak for the Nux Mod Core, as I once owned two units, but sold one of them some time ago. And that's why I had two Mod Cores because the effects can only be used individually. But this pedal is so cool and compact that at the time it was worth having both on the pedalboard. I used one as a phaser in front of the amp, and another in the effects loop for chorus, flanger or univibe.

Gust

geddy

Reaction score
I have the Donner one. It's small and the effects are ok but it's quite noisy

RCM 800

Reaction score
Just picked up the 5th dimension. Chorus is good. Theres a couple that sound like something from outer space (flanges?) Really like the Rotovibe sounds like Hendrix/Trower. Sounds as good as my giant Dunlop rotovibe IMO. Havent messed with much else as the chorus and vibe were what I was really after.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
Just picked up the 5th dimension. Chorus is good. Theres a couple that sound like something from outer space (flanges?) Really like the Rotovibe sounds like Hendrix/Trower. Sounds as good as my giant Dunlop rotovibe IMO. Havent messed with much else as the chorus and vibe were what I was really after.
ok, cool. I'd love to know what you think of the rest of the mod pre-sets whenever you get a chance to check them all out. I just want to make sure that they all sound fairly solid and not cheap, brittle, and overly-digital sounding. I actually have the Sonicake Sonic Ambience (delay & reverb) and I've been happy with it. I'm very tempted to make it a pair.

RCM 800

Reaction score
ok, cool. I'd love to know what you think of the rest of the mod pre-sets whenever you get a chance to check them all out. I just want to make sure that they all sound fairly solid and not cheap, brittle, and overly-digital sounding. I actually have the Sonicake Sonic Ambience (delay & reverb) and I've been happy with it. I'm very tempted to make it a pair.
I grabbed their digital reverb too and like it a lot.

Shred Monster

Reaction score
ok, so I have a tiny bit of space left on my pedal board (its medium sized, about 18 inches x 12 inches), so I have been looking for a micro sized multi-modulation pedal. its really all of I have room for... I typically don't use modulation too often, but I wanted one to have just in case I ever needed those types of effects for whatever reason. I am torn between either a Flamma Mod, a Mooer Mod Factory, or a Sonicake 5th Dimension. they all have a similar array of 10-11 different effects like - chorus, flanger, phaser, tremelo, vibrato, etc... I checked out some online reviews, and some video demos, and they all seem pretty cool. does anyone have any experience with them? I just really want to get some input to help me make my decision. thanks in advance.
H9

Shred Monster

Reaction score
OK... I would advise you to read my original post once again to see what I'm looking for... go ahead, I'll wait... alright, finished?

so NOW do you think the Eventide H9 pedal fits what I'm asking?
ya dont say how much space ? If ya dont already have modulation what else is on your board ? Eventide is a safe choice . Proven. Just tryin to help ya out.