Pedal order when using the loop of your amp.

• Thread starter chromeboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chromeboy

Reaction score
Hey guys, ok I just picked up a boss ge7 eq pedal. I am going to use it in the loop cause I heard it works better as a boost in the loop. I have also heard that the boss ns-2 also works best in the loop. I am currently running my chorus and delay into my loop. How would I run the eq, ns-2 and the chorus and delay in the loop?
To make clear the pedals I am using here is the list. Tell me what order you would put them in and how to connect them.
Here's the list of pedals in no certain order.
Donner mini wah/volume
Digitech Freqout feed back pedal
Digitech ricochet whammy
Boss ge-7 eq
Boss ns-2
Mxr analog chorus
Tc electronic delay
Fulltone ocd

I am playing through a jet city 50h and 100hdm heads through two jet city 24s+ 2x12 cabs

So tell how you would use these pedals through my amps.
Note: I only use one head through both cabs and have the other head as a backup.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
only thing i use in the loop is my EQ. i personal dont see the need for anything else.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
If it were me, my first attempt would be:

Wah>Whammy>OCD>Freqout>PREAMP>GE-7>NS-2>Chorus>Delay

BTW I only have the NS-2 from your collection, so take all this with big pinch of salt!
I tried using the in-built Loop in the NS-2 but it really didn't work for me (mine is a complicated(ish) setup).
I tried it earlier in the signal chain too but found the sharpest cut-off was to be had when used after ALL the available gain stages (i.e. the preamp too).
I've not got a dedicated EQ yet, but if you use it as a boost too then maybe the NS-2 should go before it as the boosted signal may negate your gate threshold setting.
That feeds back into where you place the EQ, but I'm probably not much use there (not got one).
But I definitely think the GE-7 & NS-2 should be somewhere before Chorus and Delay.

Here's someone else's opinion: