Pictures of my '70 superlead circuit posted....

• Thread starter Jodyzuza
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jodyzuza

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just created a photo album of my superlead circuit...I'm not sure how to put a link to it here but you can view it under my public profile by clicking on my name.

I appreciate any comments on the amp, I'm still learning about superleads and seeing I purchased the amp used, I'm trying to figure out what mods were done to the amp...hence the pictures. I do know that the trannys were replaced, orange drops put in, a PPMV installed, and the EL 34s were swapped out with 6550's.

The rest I can't figure out, so I was hoping some of you guys can tell by the pictures. My goal is to use this as a player, not as a collectors item as it isn't original anymore, so I don't mind tweaking it to fit my needs ;). It sounds "ok", but because of the mods it doesn't have much of that marshall grind...sounds generic, almost like a Mesa lol. I want to get "that tone" back into the amp...

Thanks for your help!!

Joshabr1

Reaction score
Probabaly a high value bright cap. Order u a 100pf silver mica and put it on channel one volume pot in place of the small ceramic disk cap. See where that gets ya. If u like the tone of the amp and just want to change where the power comes in that is where u want to make the change

Jodyzuza

Reaction score
Probabaly a high value bright cap. Order u a 100pf silver mica and put it on channel one volume pot in place of the small ceramic disk cap. See where that gets ya. If u like the tone of the amp and just want to change where the power comes in that is where u want to make the change

Where can I get one of those? Stew Mac?

Thank you sir for your help!

Latest posts