Played the 2466 Vintage Modern yesterday

• Thread starter 67mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

67mike

Reaction score
I fired up the 2466 Vintage Modern halfstack for first time in months....have been mainly jamming on my 2555x, 2203 and 2204 lately....

Wow!

The VM has such awesome note separation even with tons of gain. Fantastic amp....sounds massive as well.

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fired up the 2466 Vintage Modern halfstack for first time in months....have been mainly jamming on my 2555x, 2203 and 2204 lately....

Wow!

The VM has such awesome note separation even with tons of gain. Fantastic amp....sounds massive as well.

All hail the knock-kneed stepsister 2466!

What a great amp. It fills the spaces between the JVMs, 2203 and 1959 beautifully.

The VM is destined to become a classic despite the initially cool reception it got during its production run. I recommend everyone pick one up before the prices get all Dumbley and Trainwrecky...

67mike

Reaction score
Every time I fire up one of my VMs I’m suprised by how amazing they sound.. The way they respond to Knob Rolling is unlike any of my other Marshalls …… Steve Dawson hit it Out of the Park with the VM !!
Yes. Simply incredible touch sensitivity, response to volume roll-off and roll-up.

Massive organic sparkly cleans.....( honestly my favorite clean amp of all time).

Latest posts