Post Your Telecasters (or Tele Style Guitars)

• Thread starter axe4me
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I have a brand spanking new condition lefty American Tele if anybody needs one I got in 2016. Not a mark or spec of dust on it. Looks just like axe4me's 2nd Tele.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
My two...both secondhand Classic 50s. The white lacquer one is standard (bar Fender OV pickups), the Sunburst one is a 2008 model that I bought last year to mod. I only got round to routing for a neck humbucker a couple of weekends ago and I'm really pleased with the result. Just got a black single ply bakelite 'guard to put on it to make it more like the Hot Rod model from last year.
Two Teles crop.jpg

axe arsenal

Reaction score
He knows , he already posted on page 2 of that thread.
By the way, this is one I haven't posted yet :
DWo8JeC.jpg

zV8FOJA.jpg

renips

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the american elite tele with the noiseless pups? I have been looking and they seem to be really cool.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a few "official " Teles over the years . My 1st was a Lake Placid '59 ,then an oly white '68. Both fell victim to cycles of "Unplugged"
About 20 years ago I got this Mocha '75 ....because NOBODY wanted Mocha at that time.
I still got this one ,or rather ,my son has it in Europe .

Now about the same time I became an allparts dealer and got hip to the licensed FAT necks they were puttin out. It was after that the official Fenders became kinda useless to me ....and my EVH influence took over . Now, Im not talkin about the wheedelee shred EVH infuence . Im talkin'bout the guitar Frankenstein EVH influence ,which is real as F***

A Cheap GFS body that I did some stuff to

A Stagg body I got for 15 bucks, because the guy that had it couldn't get a normal neck to work in the pocket. My solution , a huge ass shim, perfect . I thought a Jag whammy would be cool on this one

Another one I strat whammied

A MIJ Jerry Donahue that I had stashed in Europe for many years .This is one of the few guitars that I refuse to Bigsby for some reason

A high school friend had this MIM 72 Tele Custom reissue body on ebay ..somehow we figured out who each other was and he cut me a deal on the body ....$100 and he'd throw in a fat neck that he made

So he brought it to a show when I rolled thru his location and I rode around with a body n neck for a week. Last stop was in Green Bay ...next mornin ,headed home ....about 12 or 13 hrs

I got outa the van at midnight ,headed for the shop and routed it out for a strat whammy . Been on the road about 12 years
In mothballs at the moment . Broke a bar off and couldn't save the block this time ,so new block and Im actually gonna spend some cash on a Lollar Wide Range in the neck

Squier Tele Custom that I routed ...banished to Europe

Playin it at Jazzfest w/ Johnny Cash

Factory routed for strat whammy MIM Tele Deluxe body ,turned into this

I bought a Squier Thinline cheap at GC , sold the neck and went to rebuilding. One of my absolute favorite ,hard workin guitars

A Sq Tele Dlx body walked into a bar.....

One of them Classic Vibe Squiers ended up like this .Used it for a couple years ,but a guy from Australia bought it

A friend across the river started this "project" ,but strippin n chippin this sumbich was too daunting a task. He sent me the body
I said f*** it , I sealed the top and left it at that . I like the Gallagher appeal anyway (Rory ,that is ,not Noel or whoever the fck)

The 1st draft kinda went like this
But to be useful in my schtick it needs a whammy ...and has since been Bigsbied. This is the Tele I use most when I work outa Memphis and the Thinline outa New Orleans and /or flying ...because it's light

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Hey Alvis....maybe you shuda provided us with the link to " The guitars of The Cosmic American Love Child Of Howlin Wolf and Link Wray!!!"
:cheers:
BP

Wildeman

Reaction score
I've had a few "official " Teles over the years . My 1st was a Lake Placid '59 ,then an oly white '68. Both fell victim to cycles of "Unplugged"
About 20 years ago I got this Mocha '75 ....because NOBODY wanted Mocha at that time.
I still got this one ,or rather ,my son has it in Europe .

Now about the same time I became an allparts dealer and got hip to the licensed FAT necks they were puttin out. It was after that the official Fenders became kinda useless to me ....and my EVH influence took over . Now, Im not talkin about the wheedelee shred EVH infuence . Im talkin'bout the guitar Frankenstein EVH influence ,which is real as F***

A Cheap GFS body that I did some stuff to

A Stagg body I got for 15 bucks, because the guy that had it couldn't get a normal neck to work in the pocket. My solution , a huge ass shim, perfect . I thought a Jag whammy would be cool on this one

Another one I strat whammied

A MIJ Jerry Donahue that I had stashed in Europe for many years .This is one of the few guitars that I refuse to Bigsby for some reason

A high school friend had this MIM 72 Tele Custom reissue body on ebay ..somehow we figured out who each other was and he cut me a deal on the body ....$100 and he'd throw in a fat neck that he made

So he brought it to a show when I rolled thru his location and I rode around with a body n neck for a week. Last stop was in Green Bay ...next mornin ,headed home ....about 12 or 13 hrs

I got outa the van at midnight ,headed for the shop and routed it out for a strat whammy . Been on the road about 12 years
In mothballs at the moment . Broke a bar off and couldn't save the block this time ,so new block and Im actually gonna spend some cash on a Lollar Wide Range in the neck

Squier Tele Custom that I routed ...banished to Europe

Playin it at Jazzfest w/ Johnny Cash

Factory routed for strat whammy MIM Tele Deluxe body ,turned into this

I bought a Squier Thinline cheap at GC , sold the neck and went to rebuilding. One of my absolute favorite ,hard workin guitars

A Sq Tele Dlx body walked into a bar.....

One of them Classic Vibe Squiers ended up like this .Used it for a couple years ,but a guy from Australia bought it

A friend across the river started this "project" ,but strippin n chippin this sumbich was too daunting a task. He sent me the body
I said f*** it , I sealed the top and left it at that . I like the Gallagher appeal anyway (Rory ,that is ,not Noel or whoever the fck)

The 1st draft kinda went like this
But to be useful in my schtick it needs a whammy ...and has since been Bigsbied. This is the Tele I use most when I work outa Memphis and the Thinline outa New Orleans and /or flying ...because it's light

You ever try the B16 [ i think] setup, the one made for Tele? I'm building a pine body one and im thinking about gettin one.
I just seen Axe has one on his Trussart.

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

steelcastere.jpg
steelcasterc.jpg

Attachments

• steelcasterd.jpg
    steelcasterd.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 0
  • steelcasterb.jpg
    steelcasterb.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 0

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I did an update to my modded Tele today and put a new pickup in the neck position (Dimarzio 36th Anniversary), plus cut a neck humbucker slot out of a Bakelite Esquire 'guard I bought. Really happy with the end result; very close to my Les Paul in terms of sound, through my Marshall Mini Jubilee anyway, loving the near matt 'guard too.

Close up.jpg

Full view:
Full view edit.jpg

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ever try the B16 [ i think] setup, the one made for Tele? I'm building a pine body one and im thinking about gettin one.
I just seen Axe has one on his Trussart.

I have .
They can sometimes be a PITA because of the height of the cast pickup housing ....gotta shim the neck to an angle where the strings will pass over it. IIRC, they're fairly expensive ,more expensive than a B-5 and certainly more expensive than a licensed B-5 ......in other words ,not really the kind of thing I'd procure for a Squier body