Power brake and 32 ohm 2x12 60s Marshall pa speaker pair. Model 1983

• Thread starter Whatwhatringrang
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whatwhatringrang

Reaction score
If I use a 2 Marshall 2x12 pa cabs(each cab is 32 Ohms in series). The 2 2x12’s are model 1983 from the mid to late 60’s. Will it work safely with the power brake in the hookups chain below ? Kinda of a dumb question but i can not find anything on it.

signal/gear like this.
amp (impedance set to 16 on amp)—-speaker cable going to top input on power brake where the head normally plugs into on there. —-Set the power brake switch to 16 ohms —out of power brake two speaker cables both going in the power brake jacks for cabs like normal —then both speaker cables going from power brakes 2 speaker in jacks into to 2 separate 2x12 old Marshall pa cabs jacks(cabs are both 32 ohms).

That would work and match correctly right with the power brake/amp ? I would Just like to take it down 3-6 dbs at times,not much. So I also don’t blow old speakers quite as fast.

Last of the dumb questions here.

Without the power brake here in this question. Seems like just plugging 2 16 ohm cabs in amp and setting impedance to 8 ohms on amp.

2 2x12 32 ohm pa speakers (32 ohms at the jack of each 2x12 cab ) both 2 2x12 cabs plugged into a old 67 marshall amps speaker jacks . Amp impedance set to 16 Ohms seems like it not cause any problems? Right ?

Last edited:

StingRay85

Reaction score
Seems correct. Two parallel connections to the power break give you 16 ohms. So put everything on 16 ohms and you're good to go

Latest posts