• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Pre amp can in early 70s late sixties Marshall’s. Mounted on the top of chassis help with stupid question.

• Thread starter Whatwhatringrang
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whatwhatringrang

Reaction score
I need to sit down and make sure I have this right . Figure it out myself but I am being lazy . This could save me some time and also make sure I have this correct . I know how to do this in the older amps where the can is on the board as it pretty idiot proof to see. I really need to just take a meter and look to figure it out. The layout kinda throws me with how the resistors are different by looking at it without getting into to it.

Anyhow in the late 60s early 70s Marshall’s (50 watt 1987 amps or even 100s) this is about the dual pre amp 50/50 uF can on top of chassis instead on the board .

#1 I want to experiment with running only one side of the dual can . Disconnecting one side so only 50uF and not the extra dropping resistor in between them.
#2 .Also how you could just connect both 50uF sides in parallel together and bypass the extra 10 resistor in both cases. Pictures are not the best and not mine so I thought I would crudely point to the point I am talking about lol. Basically more like the earlier style preamp without the second resistor in there. For some reason I can not quite understand it like this in this one little section.

I appreciate any help if you have a minute,

Attachments

• 4CBBB3AC-5684-484C-9EA6-48FBEE203BA6.jpeg
    4CBBB3AC-5684-484C-9EA6-48FBEE203BA6.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 10
  • A94EB1C7-E29A-4ABA-AF4C-82F9F8D4B370.jpeg
    A94EB1C7-E29A-4ABA-AF4C-82F9F8D4B370.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts