Preamp Tubes? - Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?

• Thread starter joshuaaewallen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Hey Marty, I found one of the red Strat Ultra's, but they want $2800. Lord it's beautiful.

Oh lord my favorite color scheme. That is one beautiful guitar. Do you know if it has a red lace sensor in the bridge, blue in the middle and gold in the neck?

Rockin_Lisa

Reaction score
Oh lord my favorite color scheme. That is one beautiful guitar. Do you know if it has a red lace sensor in the bridge, blue in the middle and gold in the neck?

Yeah, I remember for sure that it had a red in the bridge. Maybe a blue in the middle. I can't remember what was in the neck.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember for sure that it had a red in the bridge. Maybe a blue in the middle. I can't remember what was in the neck.

Why does good gear always have to be 2 or 3 thousand dollars minimum? Man, I am on this amp binge and now you remind me of the ULTRA STRAT.

I have pictures saved on my computer and a website devoted to them.

Rockin_Lisa

Reaction score
Marty, I just got a call that I got to take. I'll try to get back on. Sorry. Tell Joe that I'll try to be back.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Another unique finish on some of the Plus, Plus Deluxe and Ultra Strats and Teles is the Fire Storm finish. This is the red one. Marty want.

FireStormBody.jpg

FireStormBack.jpg

FireStormStratback.jpg

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it... I insulted Marty's 2204 and didn't even get a rise? What's a guy gotta do around here?

I feel like celebrating. I'm home from work and it's not even midnight. Cyber beers for everyone! :cheers:

Thanks for the OCD, Joe. I'm hoping to get that byotch by Friday so I'll have the weekend to get my pickup wiring sorted out and check out some Fulltone goodness. Whatever I decide about the tube, I'll send you a JRP and anything else interesting I can find to try out. If you want to know what I've got, check out the photo of the top of my amp a few pages back... about half of them are sitting on top of it!

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Good grief...is that how you do your inventory?

"Yeah, I'll take the 12AX7 that is under the KISS sticker next to the pencil and the deck of playing cards."

sFun_ahohno.gif
sFun_ahohno.gif
sFun_ahohno.gif

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Good grief...is that how you do your inventory?
"Yeah, I'll take the 12AX7 that is under the KISS sticker next to the pencil and the deck of playing cards."

I told you I've been putting in late hours! :)

Neatness is the first thing to go when you're too tired to give a shit.

I started cleaning up stuff last Sunday and found a few choice items for eBay. I had an old '80's Kahler tremolo lying around and stuck it on there at $35 and it's had around 100 hits and 20 watchers. It may pay for a Fulltone OCD courtesy of Joe. I had an old set of Fender "F" tuners from a '60's neck with bushings and screws. I'm hoping they'll do good. I'm also selling my namesake - a Rat pedal - and it's getting a lot of lookers. Maybe gear is starting to move well again. I'm afraid to list any tubes as I took a beating with the last batch I listed.

Latest posts