Preamp Tubes? - Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?

• Thread starter joshuaaewallen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

racko7566

Reaction score
Her are the ones you sent me Marty.

Picture162.jpg

racko7566

Reaction score
thats the one boxed as amperex. I got an amperex, a bp, and two slvannia grey plates. The one boxed bp is the far left.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats the one boxed as amperex. I got an amperex, a bp, and two slvannia grey plates. The one boxed bp is the far left.

I'm looking at them now and my eyes are seeing shades of grey and black. Hopefully someone with better eyes looking at pics can tell. I can see the differences with mine when I'm holding it and looking at it.:hmm:

Jae

Reaction score
Ok. I was rummaging through a bunch of tubes I've been acquiring for the past month and I've put them in boxes. I'm not bragging, but just wanted to show you how tube crazy I was for the past month.

jae-albums-mullard-12ax7-picture1174-dsc00493.jpg

GE and RCA's on the leftmost
Second are the Telefunkens (99% smooth plate)
Sylvanias
Mullards

All 12ax7s.

I'm sure some of you have lots and lots, but here is another tube whore.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I was rummaging through a bunch of tubes I've been acquiring for the past month and I've put them in boxes. I'm not bragging, but just wanted to show you how tube crazy I was for the past month.

Sylvanias
Mullards

All 12ax7s.

That's a nice lil' lot Jae.:dude:

PaoloJM

Reaction score

Sylvanias
Mullards

All 12ax7s.

:shock: :thumb:
Wow, what I wouldn't give....

Jae

Reaction score
All those tubes represents a lot of cash. Just think about it? Why you could own a JTM45 for what Jae has in those tubes.

Maybe I've just been spending waaaaay too much in just gear and equipment. This is actually NOT a good thing believe me. This is impulse buying at it's worst. It's almost like gambling my money away in my case. As for everyone else on this thread they seem to buy tubes and equipment sparingly and with some care. Me? I'm just spending lavishly. NOT a good thing.

About the JTM45? I don't need another amp either. I already have a '67, '72 Superlead. A 1987x Plexi, JMP Master 2204, Fender Twin Reverb and a bunch of other amps.

I'm glad that from now on I'm NOT going to spend any more on gear. No more tubes and gear for the next while. Now if you can see my problem.

Jae

Reaction score
It's about time I made a sig for myself, instead of explaining all the time what my gear is!
whew!

Jesstaa

Reaction score
Maybe I've just been spending waaaaay too much in just gear and equipment. This is actually NOT a good thing believe me. This is impulse buying at it's worst. It's almost like gambling my money away in my case. As for everyone else on this thread they seem to buy tubes and equipment sparingly and with some care. Me? I'm just spending lavishly. NOT a good thing.

About the JTM45? I don't need another amp either. I already have a '67, '72 Superlead. A 1987x Plexi, JMP Master 2204, Fender Twin Reverb and a bunch of other amps.

I'm glad that from now on I'm NOT going to spend any more on gear. No more tubes and gear for the next while. Now if you can see my problem.

Pics or you just have a couple of old MGs and a bunch of tubes.
:naughty:

Well, would you look at that, 700 posts. IT seems like only yesterday I was looking at this forum like "Lol, Marshalls xD"

Jae

Reaction score
Joe, this guy is loaded. You should think about dating him and maybe he would buy you that JTM45?

Actually, to be quite honest I'm not loaded at all. I just spent every last penny on gear. Thanks for the compliment though.

Jae

Reaction score
Pics or you just have a couple of old MGs and a bunch of tubes.
:naughty:

Well, would you look at that, 700 posts. IT seems like only yesterday I was looking at this forum like "Lol, Marshalls xD"

You're right. I'll post some pics somewhere. :rock:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe, this guy is loaded. You should think about dating him and maybe he would buy you that JTM45?

That's all I need...a Sugar Daddy!:eek2:

I want some of that sugar on the BooBs thread...yummy.(Fatty's & Rails no spank you!)

Latest posts