PRS appreciation thread

• Thread starter Goosey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's mostly the image. From what I've seen, PRS haters usually see the usual PRS player as either a '90s/2000s nu-metal chugger that barely knows how to play a pentatonic solo, some rich lawyer 'rocker' snob, or someone who treats all their guitars like case queens and never plays them at all.

ScottyK

Reaction score
I believe that's a tobacco burst Scotty? Very nice axe though!
I don't get the generic hate on PRS, they're an outstanding instrument in every way. I understand some people don't like the in your face 10 tops (which I personally like a lot) but they do offer versions that aren't so. I'm a huge fan of Gibson and I actually have a LP Custom headstock tattoo'd on my arm (more for the factor of the music those guitars have brought me, not a sellout) but my PRS is better as an all rounder guitar then my LP Trad. Corksniffers need to try other things once in a while, I bet most people who have a bitch about PRS haven't even played one.

Rant over.

I kinda' thought tobacco burst myself. I did some research on the PRS site and came up with Black Sunburst. Have to go back in the archives to find this one. I personally have yet to see one like it. Anybody else?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any PRSi in whale blue, royal blue, jade, black with binding, or silver?

I'm just curious, mostly because those are my favorites. :lol:

Frodebro

Reaction score
I've got a '90 Custom that I'll never part with. Black Cherry, wide/thin neck, moons, trem upbend rout. This was my main gigging guitar in the 90s (and has its share of battle scars), and it fits me like an old pair of jeans.

dptone5

Reaction score
Here is my 2012 custom 24. Comfortable to play. The photo doesn't really do the quilt top justice. Amazing guitars across the whole range including the SE guitars.

I always wanted a blue guitar!! Man, that is gorgeous!!

DP

Odin69

Reaction score
They make some great sounding amps also. I was very impressed with the HX/DA amp they make. I must have played it for about three hours straight at a GC awhile ago.

FennRx

Reaction score
They make some great sounding amps also. I was very impressed with the HX/DA amp they make. I must have played it for about three hours straight at a GC awhile ago.

who has time to play an amp for 3 hours in a GC? Was your wife closing on a house or something?:lol:

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Lots of great guitars in here!

PRS Singlecut standard from 2003, my main guitar that goes everywhere with me and has the battle scars to prove it. I searched and searched for a guitar that felt right in my hands and sweet to my ears and this was the one. Search over! I do have other guitars for other things though, and my Torero SE is every bit as nice even if it does something totally different.

http://ghostsauce.net/random/PRS-Class5 02.jpg

Odin69

Reaction score
who has time to play an amp for 3 hours in a GC? Was your wife closing on a house or something?:lol:

I had a day off during the week and the wife was at work. Also, all the kids were in school so, I pretty much had the amp to myself. :D

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

PRS-Class5%2002.jpg

Black + Binding. One of the best PRS combos. Now my Singlecut GAS is over the roof. :lol:

Bluemoon78

Reaction score
Here's my modded Tremonti SE Custom.

* PRS phase II locking tuners
* Schaller pearl tuner buttons
* PRS "Deep Dish II" pickup (bridge)
* Tremol-no
* Refinished Headstock w/ signature logo

Hey Dino. That looks great. I've considered getting a Tremonti SE custom. It was a close run thing in the shop when deciding between a Custom 24 and a USA Tremonti. Just wondering if you've played a USA model and how you would compare it to the SE? The SE always seem to get good reviews

Cheers

Rolandj00

Reaction score
Here's the crown jewel of my herd. 2003 Pre lawsuit Artist edition single-cut, Whale blue with Paua birds and logo, The finest axe I have ever held in my battle scarred hands. Although it never will see a gig (thats what my Les Paul studios are for), I do play it at practice once or twice a year and in my home on occasion just to remind me of how fine an instrument PRS makes, especially from this era.Say what you will and hate all you want, but I am sure you have never played this one and if you did there is no way you would argue with me. visually stunning and absolute magic to play/hear.

PRS,,, There is no substitute.

Attachments

• PRS in case.jpg
    PRS in case.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16
  • PRS body.jpg
    PRS body.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 13
  • PRS Headstock.jpg
    PRS Headstock.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 10

Goosey

Reaction score
Bluemoon78, SE's are very good for their money and beat every guitar in the same price bracket but they're still not the same as a USA model. Their is something about them you just can't beat.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Here's the crown jewel of my herd. 2003 Pre lawsuit Artist edition single-cut, Whale blue with Paua birds and logo, The finest axe I have ever held in my battle scarred hands. Although it never will see a gig (thats what my Les Paul studios are for), I do play it at practice once or twice a year and in my home on occasion just to remind me of how fine an instrument PRS makes, especially from this era.Say what you will and hate all you want, but I am sure you have never played this one and if you did there is no way you would argue with me. visually stunning and absolute magic to play/hear.

PRS,,, There is no substitute.

Nice guitar! Let it loose though.. breaking it out for gigging is such a great feeling! Sure it will get battle scars, but they should be earned and worn proudly. :)

Frodebro

Reaction score
Nice guitar! Let it loose though.. breaking it out for gigging is such a great feeling! Sure it will get battle scars, but they should be earned and worn proudly. :)

Darn right. These guitars were meant to be played, and you won't really appreciate one until you've put some hours on it.

Rolandj00

Reaction score
So good it can only be played twice a year! K.

Well Mr. RX , if you must know, yeah its that good, and If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up. But maybe you have tried one like mine and feel differently about PRS guitars, here's an idea,,maybe next time you could skip past threads that pertain to PRS' instead of posting wiseass comments?

And to answere whoever suggested playing my singlecut artist out in bars to give it battle scars, to me thats like driving a Porche through a junk yard,and if you saw some of the roadhouses I play in on a regular basis you would understand that annalogy, so again , thats what my LP studios were made/bought for. And I love my studios too.

FennRx

Reaction score
Well Mr. RX , if you must know, yeah its that good, and If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up. But maybe you have tried one like mine and feel differently about PRS guitars, here's an idea,,maybe next time you could skip past threads that pertain to PRS' instead of posting wiseass comments?

And to answere whoever suggested playing my singlecut artist out in bars to give it battle scars, to me thats like driving a Porche through a junk yard,and if you saw some of the roadhouses I play in on a regular basis you would understand that annalogy, so again , thats what my LP studios were made/bought for. And I love my studios too.

whatever you say, chief. perhaps you missed the part where I own a SC245 (and even an SE:ugh:?) ?

So I think I'll post in PRS threads all I want. And I play them more than twice a year- though I admit I prefer my Les Pauls.

Posting on a forum invites opinions, so deal with it. :wave:

Latest posts