PSA Stage Right by Monoprice SB100 100-watt All Tube 2-channel Guitar Amp Head with Reverb $342 after code EXTRA30

• Thread starter wmachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wmachine

Reaction score
Stage Right by Monoprice SB100 100-watt All Tube 2-channel Guitar Amp Head with Reverb

From what I can find, this is a seriously decent amp. Lots of great features for sure. And stupid cheap now. Almost worth it to buy just for the tubes. I ordered one, but I didn't want to wait to mention the sale, as I don't know how long it will last. Seems pretty impressive. We'll see.30 day money back guarantee.

ADCreHeaROmHdjBeG3Jb7gFqpXGoG5fP_KxWSkeQBVPR-5NPyaHx6c02i7AmC2cyWZnWcSJORrAHSJ-uHIuFuhaCuF45KUNQQp72gK0XNfaKkkj6Yo3uOvFt3-wyxfXRSokkLOISnztiyKIdafvT_b8-fE-ZaA=w1145-h859-s-no

EJstrat&JVM

Reaction score
In every demo sounds meh, not Marshally at all. You are better off with a Bugera 1960.

wmachine

Reaction score
Not really. Sure the Bugera is good, but you'll pay a lot more for one. I thought what I heard was decent. No claims to sound like a Marshall. The Bugera (made to sound like a Plexi) is EL34 powered and this one has 6L6s. So not really apples to apples. But not like it is going to replace my Marshalls.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. Sure the Bugera is good, but you'll pay a lot more for one. I thought what I heard was decent. No claims to sound like a Marshall. The Bugera (made to sound like a Plexi) is EL34 powered and this one has 6L6s. So not really apples to apples. But not like it is going to replace my Marshalls.
The Bugera Infinium version will take 34's, 5881's, 6L6's, 6550's, KT88's, 6V6's ect. Long as they are same pin out. Plus you can mix in whichever tube you want to create a quad of different singles. I have the 1960I and 1990I. Both can take an assortment of same pin out power tubes. Amp self biases.

Anyways I look forward to hearing about the SB100. I've seen one clip already.

V-Type

Reaction score
For the $$$ new this deal cant be beat. However its a very avg sounding amp on its own and is put together and engineered as cheaply as possible for mass production. Will certainly require $$$ in repairs/mods/etc of some type or another in its near future if the amp is gonna be used on a consistent basis. Think I read a few posts where boards were throwaway after some failures. In my experience its better too save up some and spend a bit more on a higher quality platform than spend time and $$$ making a known cheap " maybe" work well down the line. Ymmv.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm always interested in Monoprice iterations amp wise as I own the 15 watt combo. It sounds decent especially for the price. Grab and go. Can plug into other cabs as it's own, due to size, sounds boxy. So far it's stood up to my playing at volume. I beat the whizz out of it. Sounded great with a Celestion Blue in it too. Course that speaker is paired with a Gold in another cab now. The Blue cost more than the amp.lol

So seeing these bigger iron offerings interest me. Not that I want one but how do they perform? Last thing I need is another amp.lol

Ronquest

Reaction score
Well, how is it? Did they fix the lower volume on the OD channel?
It's so tempting at that price, but I just bought an AC15 and I still have the three 50 watters sitting here.

wmachine

Reaction score
Sorry, I've had other obligations that come first, I do want to get to it asap. The sale ended at least a few days ago.

BRGCobra

Reaction score
I`ve had the 50 watt version (SB20) for about 2 years now and it`s been a champ.
Here`s the kicker though.......
I`m a Kemper player so I`m using the power amp side (effects return) of the amp.
I run it into a Marshall stack. (1960 A&B) Sounds glorious!

If you`re a modeler player and looking for a cheap power amp, I think these are a good ticket.

wmachine

Reaction score
Well, how is it? Did they fix the lower volume on the OD channel?
It's so tempting at that price, but I just bought an AC15 and I still have the three 50 watters sitting here.
Finally had a chance to fire it up. I notice no lower volume on the OD channel as such. Of course with the separate volume controls it can be dialed to be a bit more or less. Didn't spend a lot of time, and I'll really have to spend a lot of time to dial in all the possible settings. Everything seems to work like it should. There aren't any knobs that just do nothing!. Reverb is decent, Haven't tried a foot switch yet, though. Lots of headroom as expected. Especially with the presence knob and bright switch, highs are limitless. Which means there will be a lot to explore with tower tone settings. So far so good, it will be interesting to see how many settings I can find that I like.

wmachine

Reaction score
Okay,an update. As discussed, the two button pedal switch does not come with it. The only two button pedal I had was a Marshall and it does not work with this amp. The Monoprice pedal in OOS at Monoprice. Apparently has been and no idea if and when they will get more. But fortunately Amazon had them so I bought one. Quite happy with it, Housing is not cast,but is a heavy metal (okay I'll use the pun) stamping. So I can now report the is no volume drop switching to the OD channel.

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Never saw one of them before.

I agree about 100 watt heads and scaring cattle.
I have purchased some 100 watt heads just because they were 100.

Couple have been good.
Crate BV100 all tube head. Big 30 in case.
Carvin MTS3200
B52 100 watt tube head

wmachine

Reaction score
Okay,an update. As discussed, the two button pedal switch does not come with it. The only two button pedal I had was a Marshall and it does not work with this amp. The Monoprice pedal in OOS at Monoprice. Apparently has been and no idea if and when they will get more. But fortunately Amazon had them so I bought one. Quite happy with it, Housing is not cast,but is a heavy metal (okay I'll use the pun) stamping. So I can now report the is no volume drop switching to the OD channel.
Update: Foot switch back in stock at Monoprice.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=611102