Pups for schecter

• Thread starter chromeboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chromeboy

Reaction score
I recently bought a schecter c-1 silver mountain guitar and for some reason I just can't get over how thin the pups sound especially for leads. Does anyone know if schecter pups are mid scooped? I have been debating if I should reace the pups in this guitar for possibly a tone zone air Norton combo or go with something else. Anyone like schecter stock pups? BTW, my Schecter came with USA Sonic Seducer pups. Maybe there is a work around but these pups just sound a bit thin. Anyone have any experience with these pups and what did you think? Also if I decide to replace these pups, does anyone have any suggestions. It has a Mahogany body.

anitoli

Reaction score
If you are looking for a nice PAF type pup the Dimarzio DP103 is my go to replacement or for something hotter a DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge and Super 2 for the neck is a nice combo.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amp?, settings other than everything @ noon?, pedals?
Schecter describes the USA Sonic Seducer humbuckers as "Muscular ... aggressive, high-output ... plenty of richness ... loads of top-end presence and articulation".
Whatever that means.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I recently bought a schecter c-1 silver mountain guitar and for some reason I just can't get over how thin the pups sound especially for leads. Does anyone know if schecter pups are mid scooped? I have been debating if I should reace the pups in this guitar for possibly a tone zone air Norton combo or go with something else. Anyone like schecter stock pups? BTW, my Schecter came with USA Sonic Seducer pups. Maybe there is a work around but these pups just sound a bit thin. Anyone have any experience with these pups and what did you think? Also if I decide to replace these pups, does anyone have any suggestions. It has a Mahogany body.
First off, do you have the push/pull knob pushed in, try both positions maybe the guitar is wired wrong. How close do you have the strings to the pickups, fret the strings at the last fret and raise the pickups so they are 1/16" from the bottom of the strings. I'm sure you've done all that but I thought I'd ask...

end user

Reaction score

I put a set of Seymour Duncan Invaders in my Omen Extreme FR and not regretting it one bit. A gigantic upgrade over the stockies. Fat and chunky with tons of punch. The coil split sounds great on the bridge pup. Very acoustic like, almost a piezo type sound. My C-1 Hybrid has the active 57/66 EMG set and I like them but it has developed a loud hum that I need to track down.

From what I have seen and read you either love Invaders or hate them. Not a lot of in-between. I love them absolutely.

Last edited:

chromeboy

Reaction score
Hey guys, what I noticed with these pups especially the bridge pickup is that even in the full humbucker mode / not split coil, it sounds more like a single coil especially in the high e, b, g, and even the d strings. Unfortunately the pickup pole pieces are not adjustable so the only thing I can do is raise or lower the pickup height which really doesn't change the tone all that much. The neck pup is fine so If I was to replace the bridge pup, what pup would go with the stock sonic seducer pup?

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Hey guys, what I noticed with these pups especially the bridge pickup is that even in the full humbucker mode / not split coil, it sounds more like a single coil especially in the high e, b, g, and even the d strings. Unfortunately the pickup pole pieces are not adjustable so the only thing I can do is raise or lower the pickup height which really doesn't change the tone all that much. The neck pup is fine so If I was to replace the bridge pup, what pup would go with the stock sonic seducer pup?
What pots are in it, maybe put in something lower.

chromeboy

Reaction score
Hey guys, just out of curiosity, do you think that demarzio d'activators would sound good in my Schecter? I have a set in my Ibanez 25th anniversary s model but to me they sound a bit thin. The s model is Mahogany and so is my Schecter but the schecter is much thicker than my ibby so I thought maybe I could swap them between the guitars. What do you guys think?

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Hey guys, just out of curiosity, do you think that demarzio d'activators would sound good in my Schecter? I have a set in my Ibanez 25th anniversary s model but to me they sound a bit thin. The s model is Mahogany and so is my Schecter but the schecter is much thicker than my ibby so I thought maybe I could swap them between the guitars. What do you guys think?

close to the same would be my guess.

Latest posts