Quick Question on FX loops

david woods

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I’m trying to use my fx loop more - I got the return and the send mixed up on the pedals- the amp made a bit of a hiss and that was about it.
Normally I wouldn’t mind but I’m trying to be super careful with the valves- would that do any damage?

Also I need to get good reverb pedal any suggestions??
I spent €60 on a choral verb and it’s a piece of shit the signal distorts whether I go in via the loop or front.

Gutch220

Reaction score
how much do you want to spend on a reverb pedal? I've been coveting this Meris Mercury 7 Reverb Pedal, but I can't justify spending $300 when I already own a reverb pedal(s).

South Park

Reaction score
Does anybody make a spring reverb to plug into a fx loop

MK333

Reaction score
Maybe try a Boss pedal off of reverb. Usually reasonably priced and can re sell if you dont like it.??

What?

Reaction score
Does anybody make a spring reverb to plug into a fx loop

I'm looking at spring reverb pedals lately since the amps I have been looking at don't have reverb, and I love reverb in both subtle and big amounts. I don't see any reason why these pedals shouldn't work in an effects loop.

The Danelectro Spring King looks to be the most affordable of the spring reverb pedals. Sounds as good as any of the others too to my ears.

Last edited:

Mystic38

Reaction score
try TC electronics Hall of fame reverb.. and fwiw their Corona chorus is spectacular imo

headcrash

Reaction score
Try the tc Hall of Fame mini. Ist cheap enough for what you can do with it, if you are willing to deal with the sound editor (can't remember the proper name...) and the tone prints. But ebven the stock preset loaded into it is really good, although not a spring reverb emulation.

Plus I 've never had any issues with it running in the FX loop of my Jubilee clone.

junk notes

Reaction score
The several units that have springs are contingent of the gear you own. Sometimes it matters on the size (length) of the chassis ad depending on how many spring are being implemented.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
Boss Waza TAE works incredibly well in this application—and has the option to add 5 different types of delay, 2 EQs and a compressor.

It is a wicked budget buster however...

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
My favorite reverbs and delays are on the Yamaha Magicstomp or SPX series. I use the magicstomp in my loop with an Alessis Midiverb 2. I like to use the chorus and delay on the Magicstomp into the delay/reverb on the midiverb. I also liked the Boss DX-7 I bought. When i want a portable option I used the DX7 as it can do delay and a chorus effect at the same time.

What?

Reaction score
I spent €60 on a choral verb and it’s a piece of shit the signal distorts whether I go in via the loop or front.

I tried another brand of one of those mult-mode pedals. Hated the thing and promptly sent it back.

I think that some of the newer digital reverb pedals are sounding pretty good. I wouldn't give up the reverb in my Fender amps for them though. Same goes for the real spring pedals that are available. And I just caught some comments in a youtube demo of the Spring King that it is actually a digital pedal with a real spring added in, which I guess would make it a hybrid.

I don't know why someone doesn't just make a box with variable impedance that can accept a range of spring tanks.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Interesting it would distort. You'd think the level would be geared towards amp loops.
I got a multi fx pedal because bang for the buck? I have an old Peavey reverb unit that has a level control and perhaps @david woods would be better off with one with a level control? What I really wanted was a hard delay. The Boss DD7 at the time was like 269 amd the zoom G3 was 199. No brainer.
It sounds really good, useful, easy. I actually dislike spring reverbs, they just sound fake. It doesnt sound like playjng in a hall, they do nothjng for me.

The Jubilee has a really good, clean loop. Maybe see if you can find a reverb with a level?

david woods

Reaction score
Interesting it would distort. You'd think the level would be geared towards amp loops.
I got a multi fx pedal because bang for the buck? I have an old Peavey reverb unit that has a level control and perhaps @david woods would be better off with one with a level control? What I really wanted was a hard delay. The Boss DD7 at the time was like 269 amd the zoom G3 was 199. No brainer.
It sounds really good, useful, easy. I actually dislike spring reverbs, they just sound fake. It doesnt sound like playjng in a hall, they do nothjng for me.

The Jubilee has a really good, clean loop. Maybe see if you can find a reverb with a level?
Thanks dude - I was thinking of the MXR reverb what are your thoughts?

david woods

Reaction score
I mean inputting a send from your amps fx loop into the send of outboard gear (milti fx etc.)
Sorry man I’m a clown when it comes to this stuff.

I have two questions-

1) when I am setting up an fx loop with reverb am I right in saying I put a cable into the send on the fx loop. That cable goes into the input of my pedal. Another cable goes from output of the pedal into the return right?

2) do you know if damage can be done if I mess up that process by mistake?

I just got the mxr300 - let’s hope it sounds better than that choralverb!!