Quite Possibly, Perhaps Likely, The Most Underrated Rock Anthem

• Thread starter V-man
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-man

Reaction score

To qualify this off the bat. I was a big Hysteria fan in middle school with other hair crap before abandoning it completely for Metal by 8th grade. In hindsight, maybe 2 tracks on that album were not overproduced dreck. Pyromania was largely the same but marginally better and still listenable. Anything more recent is like dentistry to get me to listen to. In other words, but for a few cherry picked songs and a bit of nostalgia… I am not a fan (not really a hater either).

This title track however has got to be the best thing they ever did… and by that I mean one of the most overlooked, under-exposed and underrated anthems created in the Rock/Hard rock genre. This song could be seemlessly interwoven into AC/DC‘s HTH album, with a style that perfectly complements Bon Scott’s range and a solo straight out of Angus’ wheelhouse. I daresay that were it a Scott-era AC/DC track it would easily be one or their top ten hits, possibly a top five contender, crazy as that may seem.