Replacement Grill Cloth for Silver Jubilee?

• Thread starter YouGotBroke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

YouGotBroke

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2550 head that's in great condition electronically, but cosmetically beat up. I thought I'd be able to clean up the tolex with some Simple Green, but it didn't make much difference. Lots of marks and scuffs, and what appears to be burn marks from a cigarette. It also has some tears and a few spots that are down to the bare wood. So I bought some authentic Silver Jubilee tolex and I'm considering having it recovered by Mojotone.

My other concern is the grill cloth. It's heavily faded in some spots, it almost looks like the time I accidentally spilled bleach on a dark throw rug. I'd like to have that replaced too, but I want to use cloth that's an exact replacement. I've found a few sites that sell replacement cloth, but I know Marshall used lots of different black cloth over the years, and I'm not sure which one I need for the Jubilee. Does anyone know where I can find an authentic replacement? Is it even available anymore? Thanks.

YouGotBroke

Reaction score
Thanks. The only issue is that I'm looking at $90 shipped from Germany. Does anyone know of a place in the U.S. that sells a replacement grill cloth for the Jubilee?

tiny terror

Reaction score
contact us music marshall usa they will have a stock of it and it will be cheaper and be real marshall fret cloth