Rhodes Electric Piano amp to Marshall Code 25

• Thread starter Pepsimoon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pepsimoon

Reaction score
Howdy folks! Im new to the forum and have an idea that might sound a little crazy..
A few months back i found a Fender Rhodes electric piano cab on the side of the road.
The speakers were shot but the amp still worked. Its a stereo amp putting out 80 watts per channel.
A month or two ago I was gifted a code 25 that works quite well.
In a trade I scored a Marshall 4-12 cab in good condition ( I traded an ESP LTD Mint condition, for the Cab and a Les Paul Jr.)
Now for the crazy idea.. I want to use the Rhodes amp in conjunction with the preamp out of the code amp, and build my own 'head' for my Marshall Cab.
Ive searched the interwebs for a schematic for the code 25 to no avail. I need to know what the output transistors (or DIP chip) are so I can
pin them out , as the output to the Rhodes.
I already have the tolex and wood for the 'Head' what I believe I'll end up with is a 160 watt Marshall!!

Crazy Idea or not? I have 30 years of electronics experience both tube , vintage and solid state amps receivers TV's etc... Anyone want to chime in their opinions?

Thanks !!

Pepsimoon

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks! Im new to the forum and have an idea that might sound a little crazy..
A few months back i found a Fender Rhodes electric piano cab on the side of the road.
The speakers were shot but the amp still worked. Its a stereo amp putting out 80 watts per channel.
A month or two ago I was gifted a code 25 that works quite well.
In a trade I scored a Marshall 4-12 cab in good condition ( I traded an ESP LTD Mint condition, for the Cab and a Les Paul Jr.)
Now for the crazy idea.. I want to use the Rhodes amp in conjunction with the preamp out of the code amp, and build my own 'head' for my Marshall Cab.
Ive searched the interwebs for a schematic for the code 25 to no avail. I need to know what the output transistors (or DIP chip) are so I can
pin them out , as the output to the Rhodes.
I already have the tolex and wood for the 'Head' what I believe I'll end up with is a 160 watt Marshall!!

Crazy Idea or not? I have 30 years of electronics experience both tube , vintage and solid state amps receivers TV's etc... Anyone want to chime in their opinions?

Thanks !!

Pepsimoon
:welcome: to the forum.
You may be overthinking this a bit, the headphone out (1/8" TRS) would give you all of the Code functionality in a ready to re-amp signal.
I have a 1/8" TRS to 1/4" TS cable for just this reason - also use it the same way with my Spark 40.
You can set the power amp and cab sims to a neutral setting if you just want the pre-amp and effects.

XTRXTR

Reaction score
I am a firm believer in building your own amp. I used to build models, it is a similar sense of accomplishment. Plus you can add mods the way you want.