• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Riffing it up at night without waking the family

• Thread starter Wyldelife
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldelife

Reaction score
Came up with these riffs on a Thursday night in the course of 10 minutes and recorded them the next day.

I did three identical takes which I filmed from four different angles with Iphones.

The tracks where panned right, left and center. Left and right are the bridge pickup of my Gibson Les Paul Special and the center one is the neck pickup.

I used my Line 6 HX Stomp as an audio interface and an amp sim. It is simulating a Mesa LoneStar amp going into a Matchless cabinet. I also used the Tile reverb of the HX Stomp because I like the sound.

These riffs are all based on the E minor pentatonic scale. I find that is a very fun scale to use to make riffs because you can have a lot of fun with the open E, A and D strings, which these riffs use a lot.

I hope you like this and feel free to come with suggestions or questions!

PS: I was filming this in the middle of the night and had to use the kids’ room to not wake up the sleeping family. Just in case you’re wondering about all the decorations in the room I’m playing.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Came up with these riffs on a Thursday night in the course of 10 minutes and recorded them the next day.

I did three identical takes which I filmed from four different angles with Iphones.

The tracks where panned right, left and center. Left and right are the bridge pickup of my Gibson Les Paul Special and the center one is the neck pickup.

I used my Line 6 HX Stomp as an audio interface and an amp sim. It is simulating a Mesa LoneStar amp going into a Matchless cabinet. I also used the Tile reverb of the HX Stomp because I like the sound.

These riffs are all based on the E minor pentatonic scale. I find that is a very fun scale to use to make riffs because you can have a lot of fun with the open E, A and D strings, which these riffs use a lot.

PS: I was filming this in the middle of the night and had to use the kids’ room to not wake up the sleeping family. Just in case you’re wondering about all the decorations in the room I’m playing.

Very cool , quite good idea and I have the stomp as well. What a awesome machine!
I am also a fan E minor pentatonic!

“These riffs are all based on the E minor pentatonic scale. I find that is a very fun scale to use to make riffs because you can have a lot of fun with the open E, A and D strings, which these riffs use a lot.”

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds great brother

Wyldelife

Reaction score
Very cool , quite good idea and I have the stomp as well. What a awesome machine!
I am also a fan E minor pentatonic!

“These riffs are all based on the E minor pentatonic scale. I find that is a very fun scale to use to make riffs because you can have a lot of fun with the open E, A and D strings, which these riffs use a lot.”
Thanks man! Yes, the Stomp is so filled with possibilities ! For the price, you get an insane amount of features and good quality sounds!

thank you all for the kind words! It means a lot!

Riffraff

Reaction score
That sounds amazing brother! :applause:

Great job!! :headbanger:

Are you open to jam on that with other members? We are trying to put that together over on the "Rick's Clam Shack" thread. We upload home made backers like that to Soundcloud and set the permissions so it's downloadable then post the Soundcloud tracks in that thread so others can download it, add riffs and upload it to Soundcloud and re-post it again for the masses to enjoy or add more to. We're trying to get a file sharing web jam thread going. Should be a lot of fun. We could use someone who writes cool riffs.

Last edited:

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
I’ve got the Helix floor unit again, had Kemper stage and never “bonded” with the interfaces, either on the unit or PC editor.

Helix workflows just work for me. Bonus was the 3.0 update made it sound so much better than when I had one a few years ago.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Too many people get so caught up in splitting hairs over the “only tubes can sound great” argument that they seem to forget that at the end of the day it’s not what you use, it’s what you do with it.

True

“only tubes can sound great”
I expect to hear that on this, amp-related, forum.

Meanwhile I was thinking that those P90s sounded good.

Wyldelife

Reaction score
That sounds amazing brother! :applause:

Great job!! :headbanger:

Are you open to jam on that with other members? We are trying to put that together over on the "Rick's Clam Shack" thread. We upload home made backers like that to Soundcloud and set the permissions so it's downloadable then post the Soundcloud tracks in that thread so others can download it, add riffs and upload it to Soundcloud and re-post it again for the masses to enjoy or add more to. We're trying to get a file sharing web jam thread going. Should be a lot of fun. We could use someone who writes cool riffs.
That really sounds like a lot of fun!
Currently have a lot going on, but would be really into this!

@saxon68 I feel the same way! The HX Stomp is also such a cheap solution to get a whole range of amp sims and effects.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
wish you posted up here more often. would like to hear you talk about your gear selections
in some of your videos. great video. ive been subcribed for a whle now. :cheers:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Ramo said he couldn't find it - took me a couple tries.
Not trying to be the punctuation police, just trying to answer a question. :shrug:

no that would have been Vin, but he gave up on me several yrs back. :agreed:
once told him i was making for sell signs and he asked if i had a proofreader. :wallbash:

Last edited:

Latest posts