Rivera Rock crusher ?

• Thread starter ckr1231
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney

Reaction score
yeah and I didn't get along with it , turned my amp at the time into a thin fizzy mess , others from what I have read like them.

Frodebro

Reaction score
yeah and I didn't get along with it , turned my amp at the time into a thin fizzy mess , others from what I have read like them.

I've never encountered this with mine, even with extreme levels of attenuation.

renoman_89502

Reaction score
I have one too. I use it with my Ceriatone 2061x clone. It does bring the volume down, the higher you attenuate the more dynamics you loose. In all honesty if I had to buy an attenuator again, I dont think i would buy a $500 one.

maxamus

Reaction score
I have one and it works exactly as it's saids, keeps my amps tone at really low levels.
Slash used one on his new album there's some clips on YouTube with him and Elvis talking about it.

plexilespaul

Reaction score
I like them. they don't suck tone like other attenuators

Last edited:

LAARS

Reaction score
I have had one since they first came out. For me it colors your tone the least of all the attenuators. Paul makes great stuff. You can see it in my photo to the left.

adamzapple

Reaction score
I have one and have been using it for the last six months. I think it's outstanding. In fact it's so good, that I no longer user any effects whatsoever. Even at studio levels, with the Edge and Warm switch engaged, it keeps it's tone. I've been playing guitar for 50 years (yeah, I'm an old dude) and it's actually changed the way I play. I used to be an an Ethos/Blackface Fender kinda guy. I've used the best overdrives: Klon, Ethos, Zendrive, FullDrive II. Trust me, nothing compares to a 1959HW dimed with a Rivera RockCrusher.

maxamus

Reaction score
I have one and have been using it for the last six months. I think it's outstanding. In fact it's so good, that I no longer user any effects whatsoever. Even at studio levels, with the Edge and Warm switch engaged, it keeps it's tone. I've been playing guitar for 50 years (yeah, I'm an old dude) and it's actually changed the way I play. I used to be an an Ethos/Blackface Fender kinda guy. I've used the best overdrives: Klon, Ethos, Zendrive, FullDrive II. Trust me, nothing compares to a 1959HW dimed with a Rivera RockCrusher.

Totally agree mate my Modded JCM800/Rockcrusher sounds awesome and the studio switch really sets it apart from other units, brilliant piece of gear.

FredB98

Reaction score
>Hi Adam, i actually have the SV20C. i like it very much even though it is very loud for reherseal. My plan is to sell it and to buy the 1959 HW and a rivera rockcrusher. I saw your post and i assume this is your setup... I just wanted to know if it is not too loud even with the rockcrusher... Thanks for your help. Fred

jeffb

Reaction score
>Hi Adam, i actually have the SV20C. i like it very much even though it is very loud for reherseal. My plan is to sell it and to buy the 1959 HW and a rivera rockcrusher. I saw your post and i assume this is your setup... I just wanted to know if it is not too loud even with the rockcrusher... Thanks for your help. Fred
This thread is nearly 10 years old, and Adam has not logged in here in over 2 years.

FWIW, I own a RC. It's great, but unless you are just capping off a few to several dB, you start losing speaker interaction and influence (like any other attenuator) and you lose *that* sound.

At the very least, half of "the marshall sound" is due to pushing Celestion speakers. My personal opinion is that it's more than half.

FredB98

Reaction score
This thread is nearly 10 years old, and Adam has not logged in here in over 2 years.

FWIW, I own a RC. It's great, but unless you are just capping off a few to several dB, you start losing speaker interaction and influence (like any other attenuator) and you lose *that* sound.

At the very least, half of "the marshall sound" is due to pushing Celestion speakers. My personal opinion is that it's more than half.
Thank you Jeff.

Central Scrutinizer

Misanthropic Humanitarian
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @FredB98 , I know you signed up as a member in February, Welcome to the site if I haven’t said so already.

I too respond to old posts on occasion, sometimes what is old is new.

I love my Rock Crusher. Bought it used on Reverb, just waited until I saw one selling for what I wanted to pay.

Keep us in the loop with your decision.