S it alway best to match cabs of the same brand as amp heads

• Thread starter chromeboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chromeboy

Reaction score
You always see Marshall heads and cabs together. Is it always the best combination since they were made for each other? Just wondering because I am currently running a boss katana 100 mk2 through two Hughes and kettner 1x12 cabs and was wondering if I should get a katana 2x12 cab instead. Your thoughts?

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You always see Marshall heads and cabs together. Is it always the best combination since they were made for each other? Just wondering because I am currently running a boss katana 100 mk2 through two Hughes and kettner 1x12 cabs and was wondering if I should get a katana 2x12 cab instead. Your thoughts?
Matching Marshall heads and cabs just plain look bad ass together. :yesway:
Cab quality, speaker choice and how it sounds to you are what matters.

I had the Katana 212 (& 100H MkII) - the cab was literally a piece of garbage.
Particle board is more sturdy, and often confused with MDF (medium density fiberboard, i.e. thick paper)
The Katana cab is made out of true MDF with a shelf paper like black plastic covering.
It's basically a cardboard box with speakers in it, and the Katana speakers are nothing special.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Interesting question. IMHO, it's always best to match cabs and heads that were made for each other but YMMV.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes me no difference
I think Im more concerned about having good musical , cabinets ....resonant projectors

just match impedance .........;)