• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Satchurator

• Thread starter MG100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MG100

Reaction score
All

New Satchurator arrived.

Running it through my home practice / recording set up

Guitar - Wah - Satchurator - Zoom G2 (Amp Model - off, Cab simulator - on) it certainly does have a tone not unlike Satch.

However, running it through the clean channel of my amp I'm not really getting a decent tone. I actually got a better tone from the pedal running into the FX return of the amp (i.e. complete bypass of the preamp.)
The gain tone on the amp's lead channel is far better.

The clean channel is pretty clean by any standard (MG100DFX amp) but I'm still getting a lot of coloration. I'm thinking this pedal is only going to be useful for home recording / playing through the PC which would be a big disappointment...

Do any of you guys have any tips on using this pedal?

Thanks
MG

MG100

Reaction score
Nope - 'fraid not, If I can't get it to work on the amp I have, I'll shelve it for use in home practice/recording only.

I'm happy with the MG100 amps I have (believe it or not!) - I've no plans to change the amp to suit the pedal....

I recorded a few bars of "One Big Rush" with it through my recording set up (via an cab simulator) and it sounded really like the Stach tone - but doesn't seem to do that live. I'll give it a try at high volume in the soundcheck later tonight and see if it works.

Its a pity if it doesn;t cut it....