Serious issue with dsl100 need help

• Thread starter kyehatton
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kyehatton

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking for some advice about my Marshall dsl100. A few days ago I turned it on and it was making a zapping popping sound 2-3 times every 5 seconds and as I left it on longer the zapping/popping would get more frequent, now today I left it on for a long time to see If it would stop and eventually it did but I started to have a massive drop in volume on the low output and it would get worse and now there is nothing. The high output still has sound but there is a volume swelling and it just doesn't sound right at all... someone told me that if it was a tube I would still have sound... do the different outputs use different tubes? Cos I can't understand how I don't have any sound in the low and bad sound in the high output... any help and advice would be much appreciated
Thanks
Kyehatton

Rozman62

Reaction score
Dont understand what you mean by low and high output. Change power tubes one at a time then preamp tubes if needed. Clean all sockets and jacks with Deoxit. Grab a multimeter and check the bias. Rule out the things you can do yourself before taking to a tech.

rocker68

Reaction score
What generation DSL 100 ? JCM 2000 ?
DSL H ? DSL HR ?