SOLD! MARSHALL SL5C SLASH SIG.MODEL 1x12 COMBO AMP

• Thread starter msgdp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

msgdp

Reaction score
Marshall SL5C Slash Sig. Model 1x12 Combo Amp

Limited run of 1,000 amps made in collaboration with Slash. (” Thanks for your request. The SL5C is a limited amp. This unit is already sold out from us so all that are in dealers are all that will be produced. Cheers, Kevin Drury Marshall USA" JUNE 13, 2013) Referred to as a Marshall mini AFD-100, IT IS DEAD MINT.
What Marshall aficionados are saying: “The best sounding Marshall pre-amps are the 1959 and 2204 - both found in the Slash Sig. 5 watt. Slash may think its his custom sound but its not. In clean mode it’s a 1959 just a slight mod there. In the OD mode it’s a modified 2204 with an added gain stage and a few tweaks here and there. It’s a true 1959 because the signal comes straight from the treble pot into the power amp driver. When in modded 2204 mode the signal comes from the master volume pot into the power amp. That’s why it’s the best amp in its EL34 single ended class.”
“I like mine a lot too. I tend to use it with the amp gain fairly low and kick it up with a boost pedal. The clean channel, when pushed hard and boosted, is old style JMP/Plexi heaven! As others have said, it is the mini 800/plexi amp that people have been demanding from Marshall for years.”
“I’ve done high power. Still do, but this amp manages much of the tone and sensitivity at tolerable output that heretofore was generally only available with pushing lots of air. I’ve got 40+ years doing this crap. Man, how I would have loved to have had an amp like this long ago. “
Hear it for yourself & you be the judge:

5W/1W Switch Function
1 x EL34 Power Tubes
3 x ECC83 Preamp Tubes
High/Low Sensitivity Inputs
EQ (Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble)
Digital Reverb
2 Custom Voiced Foot switchable Channels
Celestion Vintage 30 16 OHM Speaker
Speaker Output: 8ohm, 16ohm
The amp comes with original foot switch, power cord and manual.
$1,400 Paypal. Price includes free insured USPS shipping: signature required. CONUS Sales/Shipping Only. Reach me at msgdp@yahoo.com
NOTE: PIX ARE TOO LARGE TO UPLOAD HERE: PLEASE EITHER CONTACT ME OR VIEW ON TGP. THX!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I got mine one year ago ... in fact, I think it was a year ago this week! I use mine primarily (exclusively?) for low volume playing at home (i.e. playing along with a song / backing tracks / practice), and for that purpose, it's the best Marshall amp I've ever owned. While it's a lot more versatile than I originally expected (I've played a variety of types of music through it), it's wheelhouse is smack dab in 70's / 80's hard rock / metal, so if that's your thing, I think you'd be beyond stoked. I'm truly thrilled with mine, and believe it's one of the best amps Marshall has ever manufactured. A lifetime keeper. I've heard that availability is fairly rare, so if you are leaning in the direction of picking one up, my advice is to grab one if / when you can!

msgdp

Reaction score
I got mine one year ago ... in fact, I think it was a year ago this week! I use mine primarily (exclusively?) for low volume playing at home (i.e. playing along with a song / backing tracks / practice), and for that purpose, it's the best Marshall amp I've ever owned. While it's a lot more versatile than I originally expected (I've played a variety of types of music through it), it's wheelhouse is smack dab in 70's / 80's hard rock / metal, so if that's your thing, I think you'd be beyond stoked. I'm truly thrilled with mine, and believe it's one of the best amps Marshall has ever manufactured. A lifetime keeper. I've heard that availability is fairly rare, so if you are leaning in the direction of picking one up, my advice is to grab one if / when you can!
Thanks for this!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this!

You're welcome! I use mine on the 1W setting, and with the master volume, I'm able to get ridiculous tones at an almost laughable volume. Perhaps it's due to the limited numbers, but I'm not sure why the amp kinda fell in-between the cracks, as the amp absolutely delivers, and at a time when low volume / home appropriate amps are all the rage. I'm guessing if they re-released it w/out the Slash name, we'd see an avalanche of NAD threads singing it's praises.

msgdp

Reaction score
You're welcome! I use mine on the 1W setting, and with the master volume, I'm able to get ridiculous tones at an almost laughable volume. Perhaps it's due to the limited numbers, but I'm not sure why the amp kinda fell in-between the cracks, as the amp absolutely delivers, and at a time when low volume / home appropriate amps are all the rage. I'm guessing if they re-released it w/out the Slash name, we'd see an avalanche of NAD threads singing it's praises.
I agree. Sometimes the marketplace just doesn't figure, you know?

okgb

Reaction score
I have one and like it a lot, especially the smooth decay on the dirty channel , there's an fixed " eq network " on the clean ch which is a compromise. I think the main problem was that it was an expensive 5 watt amp to start.

msgdp

Reaction score
That original '59 345 sounds amazing through this amp.

cherrysunburst00

Reaction score
Totally agree with everything you said. I mismatched the impedance on mine, 8 ohm out into 16 ohm speaker which provides a bit more attenuation.