Some Ideas?

• Thread starter Jason deBroux
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jason deBroux

Reaction score
Hey all.
Well I did it. I finally got it. I picked up a 90s reissue 50 watt Bluesbreaker 2x12 combo, and oh gosh does it sound great.

So here are a couple questions:
1. it’s a little grimmy on the front label and switches, what are the recommendations on a decent cleaning product that I don’t have to worry about messing things up

2. It’s heavy, so I’m thinking of adding wheels. Does anyone have any experience.

Oh and it sounds like Jimi’s cleans :)

Click on the attachment to see a pic

IMG_0775.jpeg

Last edited:

Dblgun

Reaction score
Post some pics of what you're looking to clean. That may help with suggestions on how and what to use.

67mike

Reaction score
Careful with the faceplate. Hate to erase the letters and numbers.

Jason deBroux

Reaction score
T
Post some pics of what you're looking to clean. That may help with suggestions on how and what to use.
There’s a PDF attached. It’s just an over view, water and a micro fiber cloth seemed to work best so far. The switches are still pretty grungy. I already got a good deal of it off, I’m just hesitant to take water to the power and standby switches.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
T

There’s a PDF attached. It’s just an over view, water and a micro fiber cloth seemed to work best so far. The switches are still pretty grungy. I already got a good deal of it off, I’m just hesitant to take water to the power and standby switches.
Water is best. I mean, the amp isn't plugged in and on is it?

Water will dry with the least trace residues, provided they have good water where you live, or you have good water filtration.

Jason deBroux

Reaction score
Water is best. I mean, the amp isn't plugged in and on is it?

Water will dry with the least trace residues, provided they have good water where you live, or you have good water filtration.
Yea, Im going to plug the amp in, and use water to clean the thing. Really !? Hahahha

I grew up playing with electric trains, I know enough that you don’t mess with electricity and water together.

I live in LA the tap here is fine. The fridge also has filtered water.

Any ideas on the wheels?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score

Kuga

Reaction score
Have you done installation your self ?
Yes. In some cabs but they aren't Marshall brand. All my Marshall's cabs has plastic base to use casters. It's easy install Marshall casters. It's really easy install this ones. Just 4 screws.

Attachments

• 141535-4ec3d2982042bf21807b21c877b44868.jpg
    141535-4ec3d2982042bf21807b21c877b44868.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1

Jason deBroux

Reaction score
Yes. In some cabs but they aren't Marshall brand. All my Marshall's cabs has plastic base to use casters. It's easy install Marshall casters. It's really easy install this ones. Just 4 screws.
I’d imagine it’s just a matter of placement to make sure you don’t drive screw through a cabinet joint or something.

Do you have a link ?

Resident 217

Reaction score
I cant suggest the screw on type if you're touring as they may damage your cabinet bottoms over time unless there is another plywood base added to the cab.
The least expensive but a good choice type are the ones used by Fender which are similar and less expensive than the those used on Marshalls.
The caster base does require a hole drilled in the cab and the inserts are permanent but the casters can be removed and the feet used when required.
this can be seen here:

about 15 bucks cheaper

hope that helps

oh ya as suggested water and a light touch with a microfibre cloth

Kuga

Reaction score
I’d imagine it’s just a matter of placement to make sure you don’t drive screw through a cabinet joint or something.

Do you have a link ?
Casters for cabinets are easy to find. They are cheap in Catalonia(Spain). I can find with breaks that fits perfectly on Marshall plastic base to use Marshall casters. The easy ones to install If you don't have Marshall plastic base for casters are these ones. But I think it's really easy install Marshall plastic base for casters too.
Just you need take care for screws. If the size of the screws that are very long. Obviously screw them close to the corners of the base of the combo.

Exist many options avalaible in Amazon but I think you can find them in your city.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
as far as casters...

I'd just get a furniture dolly.

1707925381999.png

these are 18" x 30" made of polypropylene, w/ metal frame inside.

This way your amp fits right on top & you have no mod's to do to the amp.

Blake F

Reaction score
Looks like these came with plexiglass panels- if so, you will be better off getting some quality plastic cleaner like Novus. You shouldn't need to worry about the printing because it will be reverse printed on the back, but closely inspect or test to make sure. I know one poster said water, and no offense, but you can get it to look like new with Novus and you won't with water. Also be sure NOT to use something paper-based to clean/polish it- paper is very slightly abrasive. Use cloth.

As for the grill cloth, you may be out of luck there and just have to live with it. You can't spray anything on it because it will likely get onto the speaker cones behind the cloth. You can 'wipe' but it will likely be unimpressive. Car upholstery cleaners can work but you have to wet-vac the cleaner off and make sure you don't get any on the speakers. To do it right with upholstery cleaner, you really would need to remove the speakers and baffle and end up disassembling the cabinet- not fun. However you may be able to find that exact grill cloth from suppliers (or a replacement you like that's close) and just replace it if you're wanting the amp to look brand new.

marshalled

Reaction score
Hi, don't screw the wheels, rather take a wooden board and screw the wheels onto the board.

This way you can move it and you don't ruin the integrity of the amp!

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Yea, Im going to plug the amp in, and use water to clean the thing. Really !? Hahahha

I grew up playing with electric trains, I know enough that you don’t mess with electricity and water together.

I live in LA the tap here is fine. The fridge also has filtered water.

Any ideas on the wheels?
Fun fact : pure water is not conductive for electricity, it's the minerals and salts in water that makes it conductive.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
The control panel will have a plexi-glass cover. So, you don't have to worry about rubbing out the labeling. But you do need to worry about scratching the plastic. So going easy on it is still best.