Sound fade?

• Thread starter Pj spin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pj spin

Reaction score
Just recently my haze 40 started to fade out during playing. Then when you stop and start playing it will be fine for a few seconds then fade out then come back then fade out you get the idea. Is it a tube? This is my first tube amp though I’ve had it for many years. Thanks for any help.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just recently my haze 40 started to fade out during playing. Then when you stop and start playing it will be fine for a few seconds then fade out then come back then fade out you get the idea. Is it a tube? This is my first tube amp though I’ve had it for many years. Thanks for any help.
I've had fading in and out from loose or dirty speaker jacks, so a shot of Deoxit may be all you need.
Tubes would be the next thing to check out, especially considering you've had the amp for years.
Fading in & out, I'd suspect power tubes - pre-amp tubes are usually work / don't work.

Pj spin

Reaction score
I've had fading in and out from loose or dirty speaker jacks, so a shot of Deoxit may be all you need.
Tubes would be the next thing to check out, especially considering you've had the amp for years.
Fading in & out, I'd suspect power tubes - pre-amp tubes are usually work / don't work.
Thanks for the input! I’ll Try that next. i have replaced the tubes once before i forgot to mention that but it’s still been years. Kind of hate dealing with tube but i really love the sound the amp has well had haha