Speaker comparison - clip included (Eminence / V30 / Greenback) - which one sounds best with my 69 JMP?

• Thread starter LPman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LPman

Reaction score
I made a comparison with the speakers I have right now. The Greenbacks are in my '74 cab, these are '90s models. The V30 is a newer one but broken in heavily. The Eminence Cannabis Rex is an old favorite when I want to get rid of the ear-piercing highs (it's a hemp cone speaker).

I play various riffs on different pickup positions with the speakers in the following order: C.Rex / V30 / Greenback head-to-head.

In a perfect world I would want a speaker that sounds like the C.Rex on the bridge pickup and the Greenback on the middle & neck pickup. That would be killer. I'm thinking about giving a try to the new 150W Redbacks.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you have your controls set? Your tone is quite bright. I don’t mean that in a bad way, it’s just not how I dial my ‘72. I think the CRex sounds best for how you’re set.

Latest posts