Strandberg essential 6 - What is your opinion?

• Thread starter narcsoul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narcsoul

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying strandberg boden essential 6. Unfortunately, I don't have the possibility to test it in my country.
What is your opinion?
* To be honest, I was ready to buy the new charvel san dimas relic....but I'm quite confused and the decision is difficult for me*

Can you help? Thank you

Mentalo

Reaction score
My guitar teacher owns the 7 string version of it. Most comfortable guitar in every aspect (neck shape, weight, balance) that I ever played. Sound good, too, at least over the AxeFX that I played it with. But the looks is just a no go for me, unfortunately.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Too fugly for me to even consider it. Reminds me of Steinberger in the 80s. Which was also unattractive beyond reason.

I'm something of a traditionalist. Ergonomics are great but not when taken to such extremes that the results are ugly.

voodoogreg

Reaction score
I'm a real function over fashion type of person. I say as long as you have a solid return policy on it, and you honestly a/b against your current guitars, go for it. It's the tone and playability of the guitar that matters, fuck what other people think of the looks.

Derek S

Reaction score
I would love to have one and play dad rock, traditional blues or maybe country with it just for spite lol (looking at the guitar itself and their artist page I'm thinking they'd prefer one be a specific type player and be under a certain age...of which I'm neither).

ozhood

Reaction score
I would love to have one and play dad rock, traditional blues or maybe country with it just for spite lol (looking at the guitar itself and their artist page I'm thinking they'd prefer one be a specific type player and be under a certain age...of which I'm neither).
That’s exactly what I’m doing with mine, blues and classic rock. I’m north of 60 too. It freaked my band mates out when I arrived at rehearsal with it, but they are getting used to it. They all really like the sound of it too, so that helps

Snoogans

Reaction score
I don't own any "modern" guitars, so based on the positive reviews I've heard, I'd really like to try one.
Although I'm a little worried that it'll be so good that I'll then have to somehow find a thousand quid to drop on it....