Suggestions for Marshall CEO Jeremy Maillard From Us

• Thread starter ByrdmanFL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keysdweller

Reaction score
According to this dude's video some new and interesting stuff is coming...
I hope there will be a 2210/2205 reissue🤞

Hopefully they will continue this Marshall tradition. Right now, I would be happy if they would ship current product. I have been waiting since April for 2 Studio amps and 4 assorted speaker cabinets out of the 4 Studio amps and 5 speaker cabinets I ordered.

ThreeChordWonder

Reaction score
If it were me I would revamp the Origin series to address the reliability issues and to change the voicing to address some of the criticisms. I say some of, because I don't expect Marshall to pander to every YouTuber out there wanting to turn a relatively "vanilla" product line into "chocolate mint chip", let alone "rocky toad" (typo, but I like the sound of it for Halloween :) ) or "super chocolate moose tracks Denali with added rasperberries and black cherries". Modders will mod, come what may, like putting syrup or chpped nuts or whatever on your bowl of vanilla.

They've already revamped the midrange with the Studio series, but I would like to see them go further and concentrate on two, possibly three, series-es of midrange models.

I would also like to see them introduce a "classic" series, wholly UK made, with turret boards and or good (better than the original) PCB models with discrete, replaceable, components, no chips allowed. Im thinking JTM45 or 50, Superlead, JCM 800, JCM900, etc.

Finally, I would ditch the bottom end products. They do the brand image no good whatsoever.

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
Hopefully they will continue this Marshall tradition. Right now, I would be happy if they would ship current product. I have been waiting since April for 2 Studio amps and 4 assorted speaker cabinets out of the 4 Studio amps and 5 speaker cabinets I ordered.

How are you guys manage in the keys? In central FL, we were luckily spared from any of the hard stuff. Just a lot of wind and a little rain.

Keysdweller

Reaction score
How are you guys manage in the keys? In central FL, we were luckily spared from any of the hard stuff. Just a lot of wind and a little rain.
Just a little rain and wind. We've been lucky concerning hurricanes for the last several years. Glad you were spared also. A lot of coastal areas got slammed and are without electricity. Until Helene, this has been an uneventful hurricane season.

PelliX

Reaction score
I would also like to see them introduce a "classic" series, wholly UK made, with turret boards and or good (better than the original) PCB models with discrete, replaceable, components, no chips allowed. Im thinking JTM45 or 50, Superlead, JCM 800, JCM900, etc.

Not sure how well that would sell. The JTM45 is available as a reissue, are you suggesting a JTM45HW next to it? The JCM800 and 900 were always a PCB amp, so to 'retro fit' that with turret board?

Finally, I would ditch the bottom end products. They do the brand image no good whatsoever.

But that's where most of their amp sales are, very likely. Less margin, lower quality, more turnover. Keep 'em, the DSL and such are fine amps for the price. If you don't like 'em, you don't have to buy 'em. As long as they offer the good stuff *too*...

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
Not sure how well that would sell. The JTM45 is available as a reissue, are you suggesting a JTM45HW next to it? The JCM800 and 900 were always a PCB amp, so to 'retro fit' that with turret board?

But that's where most of their amp sales are, very likely. Less margin, lower quality, more turnover. Keep 'em, the DSL and such are fine amps for the price. If you don't like 'em, you don't have to buy 'em. As long as they offer the good stuff *too*...
The DSL100HR is a great amp, and I think the 40CR is one of their highest sellers. Would love to see some more cool models under the Vietnam line.

PelliX

Reaction score
The DSL100HR is a great amp, and I think the 40CR is one of their highest sellers. Would love to see some more cool models under the Vietnam line.

I don't use my DSL much, but I'm not parting with it. Every now and again we look at each other and have some fun. The Origin line are also made in Vietnam, so I think they've got that bit pretty well covered.

SGFA

Reaction score
They should include of the official VST Plug-ins as part of their offering. At the moment Marshall plug-ins are licensed to Softube, while the core offering of the brand is addressed to old classic rock people in love with tubes and speakers.

There's a world out there with digital solutions that is probably growing faster. I understand that software is a completely different technology, but the business could be somehow close for all the people playing at home.

I don't see stand alone modellers and multieffects with Marshall brand on, but plug-ins with Marshall loook and sound are just so cool.

ThreeChordWonder

Reaction score

I'm suggesting as a marketing / strategy thing, they should separate the classics from the run of the mill. Build the classics in the UK, the rest wherever they like. The reborn Hiwatt brand is doing just that.

And no, I'm not suggesting the PCB based classics should be reworked for turret boards, but rather that they should ensure the PCBs used are up to snuff (thick / wide traces, components soldered clear of the boards, replaceable components, etc.).

And yes, I appreciate the bottom end amps produce a lot of sales, and (oh, the horror) so do the key hooks, earbuds and Bluetooth speakers. But imagine if, oh, I don't know, say Ferarri started badging a bunch of Fiats as Ferarris. Sooner or later the real Ferarris are history, the brand made worthless by the cheap tat.

PelliX

Reaction score
I'm suggesting as a marketing / strategy thing, they should separate the classics from the run of the mill. Build the classics in the UK, the rest wherever they like. The reborn Hiwatt brand is doing just that.

OK, I see. I guess that makes sense. But right now this is already the case, no? The 2203X, 1974X, 1959HW, JTM45RI, Studios, etc are all made in the UK.

And no, I'm not suggesting the PCB based classics should be reworked for turret boards, but rather that they should ensure the PCBs used are up to snuff (thick / wide traces, components soldered clear of the boards, replaceable components, etc.).

I agree with that, but apart from the fact that there is no JCM900 re-issue currently, I don't see what's missing? The boards in the re-issues aren't that bad?

But imagine if, oh, I don't know, say Ferarri started badging a bunch of Fiats as Ferarris. Sooner or later the real Ferarris are history, the brand made worthless by the cheap tat.

I don't think so; plenty of people (customers) will go for entry level stuff only to find out they need step up a class. That's two sales, $$. Also, doesn't Fiat own Ferarri? :D

Tatzmann

Reaction score
I agree with that, but apart from the fact that there is no JCM900 re-issue currently, I don't see what's missing?

They stopped producing this piece of shit?!?

If so, THANK GOD!

What a waste that ficking thing was!

The guy who wished for an all new 900 re-ish without any "chips" was too funny though. :lol:

Latest posts