SV20 + Class 5

• Thread starter noxover
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noxover

Reaction score
I've had my Class 5 since 2010 and while I like what it does, it's a bit of a one trick pony. Dark and muddy even with the bass on 0. At one point I tried an Origin 20 but didn't like it. I recently picked up a SV20C and loved it immediately, especially the ability to mix the channels.
Was playing yesterday and decided to daisy chain the Class 5 with the SV20. All I can say is WOW! Sounded so good with a P90s Les Paul.
I had told my wife that maybe I'd sell the Class 5 after buying the SV20 but now I think I actually need another 2-12 cabinet!
GAS is a disease!

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
and decided to daisy chain the Class 5 with the SV20
So, you're using the Class5 like an OD pedal?
Just curious how you're doing this "daisy chain".

noxover

Reaction score
No, running both amps together. Into the bright channel of the SV, with a jumper to the normal channel, then from the normal channel to the Class 5. It could also be done with an A/B box or a stereo pedal.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
heh, cool. I'm a big fan of the class 5, but i ended up doing the lyle caldwell mods and it fixed the mud which put it where i needed it. I've had it pretty much since they came out with the 3 piece back and to this day it's still my favourite amp. Idk why, it's just got this rowdy thing going on that other amps don't do.

Also yeah gas is definitely a disease.. i started hanging out here again recently and I've bought 2 amps and ordered $300 worth of parts to build things to go with those amps. It is what it is, lol

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, running both amps together. Into the bright channel of the SV, with a jumper to the normal channel, then from the normal channel to the Class 5. It could also be done with an A/B box or a stereo pedal.
Ok, stereo 2nd amp input jumper to the 4 hole.
Might have to try this from my JTM45 over to the Haze... :hmm: