SV20C newbie questions

• Thread starter Brogues
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brogues

Reaction score
Recently picked up a SV20C but wondering (once my daughter is in bed) can I run the fx send through a Two Notes CAB M into headphones / DAW but leave the fx return with nothing plugged in? Does the amp still see the speaker load but effectively mute the speaker?

Very nervous of destroying the amp within the first week of me buying it.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up a SV20C but wondering (once my daughter is in bed) can I run the fx send through a Two Notes CAB M into headphones / DAW but leave the fx return with nothing plugged in? Does the amp still see the speaker load but effectively mute the speaker?

I have no experience with your amp brother.
Welcome to the forum other more knowledgeable members here will be along to help you with your questions.
Cheers
Mitch

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score

Yes, the amp will still "see" the speaker, as long as the speaker is still plugged in. For that matter, I believe that on that particular model, the pre-amp & effects loop send will function even with the amp in STANDBY mode!

Just Sayin'
Gene

Brogues

Reaction score
Yes, the amp will still "see" the speaker, as long as the speaker is still plugged in. For that matter, I believe that on that particular model, the pre-amp & effects loop send will function even with the amp in STANDBY mode!

Just Sayin'
Gene

firstly thank you all for the warm (tube-like) welcome!!

gene - thank you for that, I will give it a go. I didn’t realise it might work that way.

thinking on a bit further, I could take the fx send signal run it through the CAB M but with just the power amp emulation on (switch the cab emulation off) and then send to fx return. Then I could use the CAB m as a ‘volume pedal in the fx loop’ trick but also get emulated power amp which you wouldn’t get if you just use a volume pedal. In theory I’m thinking this would give pretty good tone through the speaker at low volumes? Has anyone have experience of this?

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
I think the loops on the studio series kinda kill the tone some im leaving mine off

While that may be the case, the other stuff that using a loop can bring to the party is worth the compromise for some folks!
Just Sayin'
Gene